New Guitar Incoming: E-II vs Custom Shop M-II

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Wow who would have thought a custom shop Esp could be worse than an EII? Are you sure they haven't been outsourcing EII work to the custom shop so they can get caught up with the backlog?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tomahawkguitarist

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow who would have thought a custom shop Esp could be worse than an EII? Are you sure they haven't been outsourcing EII work to the custom shop so they can get caught up with the backlog?
I laugh reacted but I'm low-key wondering lol. In all seriousness though, I personally like the playability and look of the ESP more. It fits in my hand much better and has mojo IMO.

I definitely prefer the tone of the E-II more, but neither is really worse than the other. I just ended up discovering that they're not as similar as I originally believed.

Plus, the ESP is different enough to justify keeping it.

I legitimately think this might be the start of an ESP collection. Very happy with both of these instruments!

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Please don't start the custom shop rumor so E-II can raise prices lol
That's just what I heard. They got so far behind on the EII orders that the custom shop had to take some of the workload. Supposably that's why some of those EIIs are unusually good. Like back in the day when all the Esp labeled guitars were made in the custom shop. Narad knows what I'm talking about.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
So they paid the higher earners more money to work on cheaper guitars? Ever worked at a business? :lol:

')