New Guitar?

• Thread starter Graeme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Graeme

JS32RT Warrior
Reaction score
so im planning to buy a eight string guitar and make music similar to tosins style and what not

i have two options of the guitars i wanted
Schecter Damien elite 8
Ibanez RGA8

im just wondering which one would be better specs and playability

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
They're supposed to be pretty bad. Ibanez active pickups are generally not good at all. Probably will be MUCH better off with EMG's.

gandalf

Reaction score
Even though I think Schecter is a crazy good guitar, I still believe that the cheap Ibanez are nicer to play

Graeme

JS32RT Warrior
Reaction score
whats wrong with the schecter neck anyway, i hear its thick or somthing

broj15

Reaction score
Play them both. Find out whitch neck you like more. If you dig the ibanez neck go for the RGA8. If you like the Schecter neck save up for a c-8 black Jack ATX. I've played one a couple times and it was an absolute dream to look at and play.

Graeme

JS32RT Warrior
Reaction score
Play them both. Find out whitch neck you like more. If you dig the ibanez neck go for the RGA8. If you like the Schecter neck save up for a c-8 black Jack ATX. I've played one a couple times and it was an absolute dream to look at and play.

that black jack looks pretty good, i like the look of the damien, but i rather have a good guitar than a beautiful one

feilong29

Reaction score
whats wrong with the schecter neck anyway, i hear its thick or somthing

A bit of an exaggeration! I have a Schecter and it's about as thin as an ESP in my opinion... maybe a tad bit thicker. Ibanez necks are frikkin OMAZING though! It will be my next guitar (an Ibanez :D) :shred:

Graeme

JS32RT Warrior
Reaction score
A bit of an exaggeration! I have a Schecter and it's about as thin as an ESP in my opinion... maybe a tad bit thicker. Ibanez necks are frikkin OMAZING though! It will be my next guitar (an Ibanez :D) :shred:

i think im going to get the schecter though

ISRAFEL

Reaction score
About a year ago I was in the market for an 8 string and I had the same dilemma. It was between a Schecter Blackjack ATX8 or the Ibanez RGA8. I actually had opportunity to play them side by side and for me it was a no brainier...I went with the Schecter. It just seems that you get way more for your money, the craftsmanship was far superior, no need to swap pickups (unless you don't like blackouts) and it just felt like a higher quality guitar. Plus I don't know if they fixed this problem with the RGA8 yet, but I've read that many people have had the bridge rip out of the body.

Tanoma

Reaction score
Ibanez's have a nicer feel while playing and Schecter's pickups make the lower strings muddy.

')