New guy, here's my guitar room (Jem content)

• Thread starter robare99
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

robare99

Reaction score
I read somewhere that those are the same flower patterns that his mom used on the sheets of her kitchen table :lol: Or maybe it was the curtains, I don't remember. Pretty interesting, nonetheless.

Yeah!!! I heard it was the curtains in his parents living room.

:D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
You sir, have a problem. Admit it. You have too many Jems.... Wait, that's not right. There's no such thing as too many of anything. OK, you must give away half of your collection to someone who has no Jems. Like my son, who has no Jems. Well.... He doesn't have any guitars yet either. He's five. :lol:

On the serious side. You have quite a collection and that includes the Ferringtons. I thank you for sharing it with us.

robare99

Reaction score
You sir, have a problem. Admit it. You have too many Jems.... Wait, that's not right. There's no such thing as too many of anything. OK, you must give away half of your collection to someone who has no Jems. Like my son, who has no Jems. Well.... He doesn't have any guitars yet either. He's five. :lol:

On the serious side. You have quite a collection and that includes the Ferringtons. I thank you for sharing it with us.

I guess ultimately I consider them an investment, hopefully they will be worth more than I paid for them some day. But I get to enjoy them every day, and I'll say this much, when the market took a downturn, no one came into my house as took half of them back

Hows your 401k doing.

;)

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
holy hell thats a lotta Ibby's! welcome aboard!

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
Hows your 401k doing.

;)

Actually, I stopped contributing to mine. Now, just because my son doesn't have any guitars yet doesn't mean I don't have any. What little equipment I have does hold it's value better than a 401k.;)

I have other investments that work out much better anyway.

I'm just jelly of all of the Jems. It's definitely drool worthy. :lol:

robare99

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I was always of the thinking, that if worse came to worse, I could sell one. It got close recently, had a couple necks and that awesome Herc Fede 7 string swirl up fit sale, but the moment passed, and I'm able to hand into them.

I just received the body for a Rootbeer build, so I'm excited about that!!

Reaction score
Aside from this thread being majorly veered towards the JEMs. Its also the thread for people to make quirky comments. Some were pretty funny though. love the collection!

EDIT: 36 guitars and necks can be seen in the first picture. Waldo can be found as a fret dot on one of them! :lol:

robare99

Reaction score
Couple additions to the stable.

My first guitar, a 1963 Gibson Firebird VII, one of 151 made. And a 1967 Harmony Meteor. The harmony is basically a Sears brand, but still kinda neat because its so old. And the firebird, is just pure badass.

:love:

866877AD-3C09-46CE-A972-96B9698D1DDB-517-00000093D115891B.jpg

4EE264B4-0090-4681-8DF3-8CB4C1DC69BD-35530-00001EA3F583F24C.jpg

Skin Coffin

Reaction score
No wonder the Floral Patterns are so damn rare and expensive, you own like half of them!

Welcome aboard, mang! Cheers :yesway:

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
That firebird is nice. Firebirds are always nice. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I found an old ass Harmony Rocket guitar in my dads basement fairly recently. That's a hell of an interesting collection you've got going on there. Pics were worth the necro bump of your own thread, I think.

robare99

Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3811285 said:
That firebird is nice. Firebirds are always nice. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I found an old ass Harmony Rocket guitar in my dads basement fairly recently. That's a hell of an interesting collection you've got going on there. Pics were worth the necro bump of your own thread, I think.

I traded a keyboard for the Firebird way back in 1984. It was my first guitar, never thought I trading it. After finding out its worth some bucks, it pretty much stays safe in my guitar room. Great guitar! Just realized its 50 years old!!!

Wow!!

The harmony sounds half decent as well! I bought a bass amp off a buddy, and he was doing a clean out of his basement, and was looking the sell the Harmony. I thought it was pretty neat so I bought it off him.

Love my Jems, I gig with the stripped front one and one of the florals is in definite player condition. Lots bumps, chips etc. the other 4 are mint to dead mint. The kramers are alright, more of a novelty. They sound pretty good ran through some effects but are pretty harsh plugged straight in. I need to get a better acoustic for gigs, something not as dated.

:)

mbardu

Reaction score
Sometimes a thread like this comes up... And I feel a bit less guilty about my 9-10 guitars at a time :)

Thank you !

Given To Fly

Reaction score
A Jem7V7WH would make an excellent transition guitar to starting a UV collection. :yesway:

')