• Classic passive 3-band EQ
• 2x 12AX7 preamp tubes, 2x EL84 power amp tubes
• Oversized transformers with outstanding headroom
• Maintenance-free, TSC-protected tube power amp
• Serial FX-loop
• 18/5/1/0-watts Power Soak with silent recording function
• Hughes & Kettner's award winning Red Box DI-OUT built in

Head or 1X10 combo, 599€/699€ RRP in EU

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who doesn't have a mini these days? :lol:

I can't say I'm a huge H&K fan, but I'm interested to see how this bad boy sounds. It looks stunning.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Who doesn't have a mini these days? :lol:

I can't say I'm a huge H&K fan, but I'm interested to see how this bad boy sounds. It looks stunning.

:agreed:

Well, I'm behind on the mini head craze :wallbash: and i keep seeing all these cool amps coming out (like the VHT 6 watt or w/e) and i have to get my hands on something...

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
599€ for the head ? If the lead channel can approximate the californian mode of the Triamp, I might get one for kicks.
That amp is feature packed on paper and be a killer.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Wow, looks really cool. I have a 20w H&K Edition Tube combo that I really like the sound of. My only issue with it is that there isn't a whole lot of clean headroom. It would be nice if they made this a 4xEL84 head instead of 2.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Hopefully this sounds better than the Triamp.

EDIT: Gotta love opinions... the comment above wasn't there before I posted :lol:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
If only they would make a lunchbox head with good effects and floorboard, or at least one the size of a Mark series head. Would eliminate the need for switching gear or racks. Sumn you can carry with one hand, or throw under your arm. Carrying full size heads up and down stairs is not fun, and means a 2nd trip cause you can't carry much else.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
My only issue with it is that there isn't a whole lot of clean headroom.
Well, EL 84s do tend to break very early if I believe my experience with the 20:20 mesa. Which is just as well and likely why they are used in low wattage amps: you want those to get power amp saturation without making the roof tiles jump at each palm mute. If you want pristine cleans you can just use a high wattage amp which are the majority of the tube market anyway.

Only downside I see to this amp just reading this is the obviously shared EQ.

this head is much cheaper than the puretones or duotones (puretone is 2K€ new ffs) so I wonder what was sacrificed, other than the obvious change from EL34s to EL84s.

If it sounds anything like a Triamp MKII....I'm sold.
Hopefully this sounds better than the Triamp.

Round one...FIGHT ! XD

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Well, EL 84s do tend to break very early if I believe my experience with the 20:20 mesa. Which is just as well and likely why they are used in low wattage amps: you want those to get power amp saturation without making the roof tiles jump at each palm mute. If you want pristine cleans you can just use a high wattage amp which are the majority of the tube market anyway.

Yeah, I'm actually getting one of those new Carvin V3Ms with the 4xEL84s to replace my H&K because I have to dime the 20w H&K when playing with a drummer and it seems to eat up power tubes that way. I love the tone of the H&K, but having 50 watts, scale-able down to 7watts, in such a compact package makes the V3M so appealing. I wish more of these lunchbox style amps would pack a little more power so you can use them with a relatively loud band, yet remain power scale-able so they can be driven at a more reasonable volume. Maybe I'm asking for too much?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Don't know, really, the 20:20 was more than enough for practicing with a drummer and bass player. Ok there wasn't a lot of clean stuff in the repertoire. I rarely needed to push it past say 50% though.

Latest posts

')