New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
wow, that's quite some options

BryanBuss

Reaction score
awesome, thanks nick. I really love newer guitars companies, there's no fear in making odd-small-audince instruments and they are very innovative.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Yeah totally. About 2/3 years ago you'd have a HARD time getting an 8 string guitar built, but now you could probably put one together in just a few months with no trouble at all with the parts.

Scarpie

Reaction score
well from my experience i have only found 6 string stock models, with the exception of the stock octavia 8 string guitar. the rest are custom shop. and as far as that goes. i am sure they can build 8,9,10 string guitars as per request, BUT the custom order form only has 6,7,8,9, or 12 strings as options for custom guitars. Not 10. :idea:

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
well from my experience i have only found 6 string stock models, with the exception of the stock octavia 8 string guitar. the rest are custom shop. and as far as that goes. i am sure they can build 8,9,10 string guitars as per request, BUT the custom order form only has 6,7,8,9, or 12 strings as options for custom guitars. Not 10. :idea:

I am making a new custom form that will be up this weekend. As for a stock 9 or 10, these are made per order. If you go to the Winter NAMM show in 2008 you will see them.

They will be available as stated with every guitar design we have and if you have a custom design we will build that for you as well.

I am currently building a 10 string for a client right now. I will post some photos and tell you all about it when I am completed with it. I am waiting for my trem to arrive from Kahler. I will take some photos as soon as it arrives.

Scarpie

Reaction score
that is absolutely fantastic. i spoke with jeff lee and sounds to me like my search for luthier to build my monster is over.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
that is absolutely fantastic. i spoke with jeff lee and sounds to me like my search for luthier to build my monster is over.

Thanks. We like what we do. Jeff and I work together as a great team.

BryanBuss

Reaction score
how much is would a ten string octavia design go for? if you were to ball park it?

and is it possible to get these models available in a natural finish? or a a different top wood? preferably the Octavia?

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
how much is would a ten string octavia design go for? if you were to ball park it?

and is it possible to get these models available in a natural finish? or a a different top wood? preferably the Octavia?

Ball Park Figure Only. Price depends on pickups, hardware etc etc.

$2000 - $3000 :cool:

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some new 10 string concepts for the Halo 10 string. Which one do you guys like. Give me feed back. These are 30" scale 27 fret. :hbang: :shred:
10s1.gif
10s2.gif

Reaction score
wow! I like both those designs a lot mor than the octavia which I to be honest think looks pretty badly done. :(

But those two new ones look really classy! I'd love the left one! :metal:

NemesisTheory

Reaction score
Left one looks cool to me. The right one looks more like a bass body.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Here are some new 10 string concepts for the Halo 10 string. Which one do you guys like. Give me feed back. These are 30" scale 27 fret. :hbang: :shred:
10s1.gif
10s2.gif

if you could take that ´´snip´´ or whatever on the bottom of the left one, and put it on the bottom of the right one, it would be sweet... anyways, i love that right one :p

i sent the specs and a few questions to the halo custom shop via email, waiting for a quote... i´m not buying, just checking... i´ll be buying in the future :)

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I'd buy the single cut as an 8 strings with 24 frets :D
As 10 Strings those looks a tad chubby :lol:

')