New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Katharos

Banned
Reaction score
Alright!! Congrats on the ERG Garry!!:hbang:

That Octavia sure looks like fun, great job! Sure hope to see a few with O4+ strings soon! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
no problema it will be shipping shortly to you. You are now the proud owner of the first octavia made with teh first kahler usa 8 string bridge on it.

Thanks, Waylon
Congrats on the Halo press release!

Alright!! Congrats on the ERG Garry!!:hbang:

That Octavia sure looks like fun, great job! Sure hope to see a few with O4+ strings soon! :shred:

Thanks. After playing for a bit with the strings that are on it, I will restring it with some new strings.
So it will also have the distinction of being the first 8-string tuned D-C. That's C5, the 8th fret on the guitar high E string.

D

Desecrated

Thanks. After playing for a bit with the strings that are on it, I will restring it with some new strings.
So it will also have the distinction of being the first 8-string tuned D-C. That's C5, the 8th fret on the guitar high E string.

Any videos for this experiment ?
Maybe just a little piece ?
Please :)

angus

Reaction score
Angus:
Would you mind taking a digital photo of the ball-end side of your S.I.T. .007 string and posting it on here?

Sure. I have a picture of the tuner side on a 34", but I'll see if I can get it out of the case and steal a picture. My camera is being borrowed by Zon at the moment, though, so it might be a day or two.

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
Sure. I have a picture of the tuner side on a 34", but I'll see if I can get it out of the case and steal a picture. My camera is being borrowed by Zon at the moment, though, so it might be a day or two.

I would like to see just a close up of the ball end of your 35" E string that can tune to A440 at 26". I appreciate it.

Any videos for this experiment ?
Maybe just a little piece ?
Please :)

I haven't received the guitar yet, but I can post a clip with both sets of strings so you can check it out.

angus

Reaction score
Just the ball end of the unstrung string? Sure. Before or after it's been tuned up once?

chris9

Reaction score
my octavia is ready i,ll have it soon its white with a fixed bridge and 2 emg,s
i,ll make a video as soon as i can.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
my octavia is ready i,ll have it soon its white with a fixed bridge and 2 emg,s
i,ll make a video as soon as i can.

:yesway:

Mine's supposed to be released from customs next week as well. Mine's white as well with single EMG bridge and Kahler, ebony board and maple neck.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just how customizable are the Octavias? Could you get, say a maple fretboard? Or would that go into the "custom custom" shop territory?

PM W4D and ask. Mine is a "production" model with a slightly altered control layout and different board and neck woods (I was concerned that even with the EMG mahogany/mahogany/rosewood might be a little muddy).

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
Still waiting for mine, should have arrived by now....
Are all the Octavias made with a 26" scale?

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
production models are 28" scale I believe, better for the low F#

Katharos

Banned
Reaction score
According to the Halo site you get to order the scale, but as I understand it the prototype was the only 26" so far.

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
According to the Halo site you get to order the scale, but as I understand it the prototype was the only 26" so far.

The advertised tuning for the 26" model is B-A. Is the 27" and 28" tuned F#-E ?
F#1-E2
Is the 9-string tuned F#1-A4 ?

maccayoung

Reaction score
Man, I'm seriously interested in the Halo 8. It'll be good to get some owners opinions once they all come in. And sound clips of course! :)

')