New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad it's too pricey for me with import, taxes, duties and all :scream: I really dig that single cut. How much would it costs as an 8 string, bridge 808 only, fixed bridge? wich woods choices are available? I don't mean I'd buy one but I'm definitly interested :rolleyes:

Can not quote price with out complete requested specs for our custom shop.

But I can quote you based on these specs.

Construction - Set Neck
Body - Mahogany
Neck - Mahogany
Fingerboard - Rosewood
Inlays - No Inlays
Electronics - EMG 808
Controls - 1 Volume
Hardware - Gotoh Tuners
Bridge - Kahler 8 String bridge
Color - BK

$1,350 dollars plus shipping

-------------------------------------------------

Construction - Set Neck
Body - Mahogany
Neck - Mahogany
Fingerboard - Rosewood
Inlays - No Inlays
Electronics - EMG 808
Controls - 1 Volume
Hardware - Gotoh Tuners
Bridge - hipshot 8 String fixed bridge
Color - BK

$1,250 dollars plus shipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.haloguitars.com/10s2.gif

Looks pretty good, BUT if the left side would come down a little and the right horn would turn against the neck instead of turning away from it, the guitar would look pretty sweet.

Also:

This is a guitar that should be made for sitting down with. The cutout on the right side should be a little bit deeper.
I really think it would be a good idea to have a somewhat more "traditional" body-shape.

Thanks for the input I will keep all that in mind

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
oh man, beautiful designs. I dig both of them, the right one because its more of a classic design, but the ne on the right is just perfect, because its not too flashy/metal. And with a ten string trem, shit man.

and only 2000-3000 for a custom 10 string guitar is peanuts.

Im really liking halo

Thanks very much.:hbang:

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
if you could take that ´´snip´´ or whatever on the bottom of the left one, and put it on the bottom of the right one, it would be sweet... anyways, i love that right one :p

i sent the specs and a few questions to the halo custom shop via email, waiting for a quote... i´m not buying, just checking... i´ll be buying in the future :)

If you are were the person from Norway, I just sent your quote to you.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I'd buy the single cut as an 8 strings with 24 frets :D
As 10 Strings those looks a tad chubby :lol:

I can make it as an 8. ALl halos are now available in 6,7, 8, 9, and 10:hbang:

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate to turn this into a quote-o-rama thread, but could you tell me approximately what this would run:

8-string singlecut like the design shown in this thread
fanned frets
Halo pickups
fixed bridge
all Mahogany
natural or flat black finish

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
I really dig the single cut :yesway:

Waylon, could you elaborate on something regarding the D Spawn:
The way the neck is set with the body allows full control and power pressure to make possible the screaming harmonics needed to finish any guitar solo.
How exactly is the neck set with the body and what advantage or disadvantage if any does it give to upper fret access?

By the way, I finally had my BH set up and it plays much better. :hbang:

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
if you could take that ´´snip´´ or whatever on the bottom of the left one, and put it on the bottom of the right one, it would be sweet...
+1 here.

When I heard about the Fernandez Revolver being available as a Baritone 7-string, I got excited because I thought that a Baritone, 7-String Ravelle wouldn't be far behind. Oh well.

The bottom of the left, placed on the rest of the right, with the contoured edge would be even better. If the bottom edge was "tapered", and the back had a "chamfer", aka "belly cut" (but not for excessive caloric intake reasons, so the guitar would just set at the right angle when playing seated), then that's about as close to perfection I'd expect to come without going full custom.

Ray

NemesisTheory

Reaction score
Are there any in-line headstock designs available, and if so, where might I see one? A reverse headstock would be really cool on a 7 or 8 string.

Scott

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate to turn this into a quote-o-rama thread, but could you tell me approximately what this would run:

8-string singlecut like the design shown in this thread
fanned frets
Halo pickups
fixed bridge
all Mahogany
natural or flat black finish

Roughly $1700 plus shipping. It will still come with EMG 808.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kinda interested in a completely stripped down (to keep it as cheap as possible) Octavia 8.

Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany (but if you could do maple and it'd be cheaper, that'd be nice)
1 volume
Hipshot bridge
Routed for two Lundgren M8s (not loaded with them, I'd get them at a later time) I'd just like to get one as soon as possible and if I could get one under $800 or 900 because it doesn't have pickups, that'd be awesome.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks man. I don't know if I'd like the 808, I'm very much a low-output vintage humbucker kinda guy

Well, if you decide to go for it I will talk to soem of my pick up companies i work with and see if I can get something special for ya.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kinda interested in a completely stripped down (to keep it as cheap as possible) Octavia 8.

Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany (but if you could do maple and it'd be cheaper, that'd be nice)
1 volume
Hipshot bridge
Routed for two Lundgren M8s (not loaded with them, I'd get them at a later time) I'd just like to get one as soon as possible and if I could get one under $800 or 900 because it doesn't have pickups, that'd be awesome.

sent you a PM

')