New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That Kahler 10-string trem is just INSANE.

In a good way. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know I'm jumping in a wee bit late here... but the single cutaway 10-string looks phenomenal IMHO. Though I'm very happy with 7 strings, and seriously can't see myself ever going beyond 8 strings (low B, high A), that single cutaway 10 looks so tempting, that I'm counting my pennies all the same...

Brilliant stuff from you guys Waylon!

Cheers

Eske

+1 on everything he said, I am digging that design :agreed:

Keep in mind you can always order one as an eight or a nine (low F# AND high A) ;)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here are some new 10 string concepts for the Halo 10 string. Which one do you guys like. Give me feed back. These are 30" scale 27 fret. :hbang: :shred:
10s1.gif
10s2.gif

Wow... i was out of town when you posted these, so this is the first i'm seeing of them. I really like BOTH of these, Waylon! (And i'm pretty picky about design.)

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow... i was out of town when you posted these, so this is the first i'm seeing of them. I really like BOTH of these, Waylon! (And i'm pretty picky about design.)

Thanks. Yeah I recall that. LOL.

How you been?

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
They do really look nice, even after a while. It's really hard to make those big ass guitar look good, nice design really.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm doing pretty well, thanks! Just got back from a couple of weeks of vacation (including a few days in Vegas over the 07/07/07 weekend).

10 strings might be more than i can handle (and more than i would possibly need) but an 8 in either of those designs would really capture my interest.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm doing pretty well, thanks! Just got back from a couple of weeks of vacation (including a few days in Vegas over the 07/07/07 weekend).

10 strings might be more than i can handle (and more than i would possibly need) but an 8 in either of those designs would really capture my interest.

Well let me know . everything as you well know comes in 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10.

Glad to hear you going good. Did you have fun in Vegas, we were there not to long ago.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I think 9 would be the most I would ever go, because I wouldn't want anything lower than F# (might even be too low, never tried it) or higher than a high A.

D

Desecrated

I think 9 would be the most I would ever go, because I wouldn't want anything lower than F# (might even be too low, never tried it) or higher than a high A.

DUDE!!!
There are a couple of threads on this subject already, please don't start another one :D

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not talking about other people, I'm talking about myself. After a 9 string guitar I'd just say fuck it and get an extended range bass.

D

Desecrated

I'm not talking about other people, I'm talking about myself. After a 9 string guitar I'd just say fuck it and get an extended range bass.

Doesn't have the same pickups, or strings, or wood, or scale length, or bla bla bla bla :D

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Now we are talking my language. I am a bassplayer. :cool:

Two things:

That single cut would make a killer bass design (imo) :yesway:

Have you ever posted pics of your Halo 7 string bass? I'm curious to see it.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't have the same pickups, or strings, or wood, or scale length, or bla bla bla bla :D

No, and *PERSONALLY* I wouldn't want anything lower than F# through a guitar amp/cab and distorted. At that point I'd get the extended range bass, and try that out. Hell, I don't know if I'd even want to go to F#, I don't listen to any bands that go that low, so I don't know if I'd even like the sound. Mortician tunes to G, but they're not exactly tone guru's :lol: Once I get me a 27" scale guitar, I'll fuck around and see if I can handle a low F#, if not I'll probably just get an 8 with a high A sometime.

D

Desecrated

No, and *PERSONALLY* I wouldn't want anything lower than F# through a guitar amp/cab and distorted. At that point I'd get the extended range bass, and try that out. Hell, I don't know if I'd even want to go to F#, I don't listen to any bands that go that low, so I don't know if I'd even like the sound. Mortician tunes to G, but they're not exactly tone guru's :lol: Once I get me a 27" scale guitar, I'll fuck around and see if I can handle a low F#, if not I'll probably just get an 8 with a high A sometime.

You do know that you don't have to use the lowest 2 frets on the string, there are 22 frets more that you can play on :D
But yeah if you haven't tried a high a-string yet, order one set from garry goodman, they are really fun to play with.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Two things:

That single cut would make a killer bass design (imo) :yesway:

Have you ever posted pics of your Halo 7 string bass? I'm curious to see it.

Will take some shots when i get back from NAMM

')