New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BryanBuss

Reaction score
awesome. im going to save my cash and get a double cutaway nine with a buckeye burl top, fanned frets, kahler trem, piezos and have it tuned
F# - A.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
sounds interesting tho ! even a 7 string, since Chris Woods is going back to his 3 months between email ways.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
awesome. im going to save my cash and get a double cutaway nine with a buckeye burl top, fanned frets, kahler trem, piezos and have it tuned
F# - A.

Sorry to inform you you can't get piezos on a Kahler trem, nobody makes piezo saddles for them. You could get piezos on a Hipshot fixed bridge, maybe :agreed: I wonder how many inputs the Ghost preamps can handle...

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
is everyone else getting PMs from W4D these past 2 days, or is he on vacation/break or something? I tried PMing him and usually he answers super fast, but nothing these last 2 days.

Maybe better to email him? Im very interested in his work though.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, try his email through halo's website. His ss.org mailbox fills up really quickly.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
is everyone else getting PMs from W4D these past 2 days, or is he on vacation/break or something? I tried PMing him and usually he answers super fast, but nothing these last 2 days.

Maybe better to email him? Im very interested in his work though.

He's usually not online much on the weekends, plus I believe he's getting ready for Summer NAMM, so he may be a bit busy at the moment.

BryanBuss

Reaction score
Sorry to inform you you can't get piezos on a Kahler trem, nobody makes piezo saddles for them. You could get piezos on a Hipshot fixed bridge, maybe :agreed: I wonder how many inputs the Ghost preamps can handle...

I was talking to W4D and he was saying he talked to gary kahler about it, and it is now possible for piezos.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
Does this mean you could get midi-capable saddles for Kahler trems? That would be truly fantastic

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
To be midi-capable, you just need a divided pickup, so I'd say it is possible. :D As far as how well it'd track, that'd be anyone's guess until someone tries.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jusy PM'ed Waylon for more information.

The problem with midi is the same problem you have with sevens.. ie the controllers that attach to existing systems only support tracking six strings... it's the only reason I didn't get the midi system on my KxK along with the piezo preamp.

')