New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Jusy PM'ed Waylon for more information.

The problem with midi is the same problem you have with sevens.. ie the controllers that attach to existing systems only support tracking six strings... it's the only reason I didn't get the midi system on my KxK along with the piezo preamp.

Just use two drivers. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just use two drivers. :yesway:

Which equals two preamps, two 13 pin outs, and two midi interfaces (for example two Roland GI-20s). By design the 13 pin hexaphonic only supports six strings. Though doable, doubling everything would be expensive and the cabling would be a royal PITA.

Though you do have me pondering how cool that setup could be :lol:

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
10s1plot.jpg
10s2plot.jpg

It has began. Got the EMG's in and the plot so now the guitar is started.:wavey:

The actual guitar will be a tad different than plot but you get the idea.

D

Desecrated

Which equals two preamps, two 13 pin outs, and two midi interfaces (for example two Roland GI-20s). By design the 13 pin hexaphonic only supports six strings. Though doable, doubling everything would be expensive and the cabling would be a royal PITA.

Though you do have me pondering how cool that setup could be :lol:

Somebody needs to design a midi pickup that covers more strings.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's not just the pickup. As technomancer said, it's an interface issue as well. Nobody has made a guitar-to-MIDI convertor capable of handling more than 6 strings of input.

D

Desecrated

It's not just the pickup. As technomancer said, it's an interface issue as well. Nobody has made a guitar-to-MIDI convertor capable of handling more than 6 strings of input.

Then somebody needs to do so.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Then somebody needs to do so.

Have you tried? :eek:

technomancer said:

Though you do have me pondering how cool that setup could be

Two preamps and two outputs with two cables and two synth units is the cheapest way to go right now, unless you want to only play one string at a time..

D

Desecrated

Have you tried? :eek:

I fail at installing light tubes. I´m the least technical person I've ever meet. I don't think I should try and make a midi driver, But someone else should give it a try. In my humble nontechnical opinion.

')