New Hannes Grossmann :o Feat. Muenzner, Fountainhead, and Danny

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtHam

Reaction score
I'm so hyped for this release. Really want to buy it, but both aborted and obscura have disappointed me so much in the preorder department this year that I'm still sketched out about it. Any of you guys preorder the album?

ArtHam

Reaction score
Awesome! Still debating. I loved both songs he released, the new one even more than the first one. And the samplers. Just like I said, those obscura and aborted preorders were such letdowns that they made me wary of preordering. I'll probably preorder it somewhere this week.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Well to be fair, neither of those lineups featured our all-star team anymore :D (Danny, Chris, or Hannes).

Also, contrary to those two, you would be colaborating for the release of this one whereas those other were pretty much going to be out anyways hehe

Hannes ALWAYS delivers. I'm positive its going to be an amazing album.

I ordered the usb/shirt which comes with the digital copy as well.

Also...its currently at 96% :D

ArtHam

Reaction score
Well to be fair, neither of those lineups featured our all-star team anymore :D (Danny, Chris, or Hannes).

Also, contrary to those two, you would be colaborating for the release of this one whereas those other were pretty much going to be out anyways hehe

Hannes ALWAYS delivers. I'm positive its going to be an amazing album.

I ordered the usb/shirt which comes with the digital copy as well.

Also...its currently at 96% :D

It's crazy, but also a bit true. It does seem like when they left their bands they took the mojo with them. It's just very hard to believe these guys have musical personalities that are so big that you miss them when they're gone. But listen to their work! And they keep getting better. How do you replace someone like Christian or Hannes? Tom and Sebastian are very good, but they don't fill the space that Chris and Hannes left. And listen to Danny's solo on Hail Satan. I can't believe it. I've just never heard anything like it. Aborted must be kicking themselves for letting that guy leave. The new guy they have is good but has no personality, just a bland shred guy.
Ok. I'm getting the album!

takotakumi

Reaction score
118% Funded :))

Should be out by sometime next week I think? (since he said early august and thats shortly before mid-august)

ascl

Reaction score
Damnit I missed it! How did I miss this? clearly I'm not spending enough time on these forums...!

ArtHam

Reaction score
That new song is cool. Like the very obvious Iron Maiden influence in there but with a more extreme approach. Catchy chorus too and once again great solos. It's pretty amazing to hear how well Christian and Danny's styles work together. The lead part between the 2 solos gives me a crazy Justice era Metallica feeling.

chopeth

Reaction score
Iron Maiden vibe? Can't listen to teasers, need the whole fricking thing NOW!

takotakumi

Reaction score
Yeah, this one song Oceanborn has a strong melodic Iron Maiden vibe. The other songs didn't, so it'll be a very diverse album.

At first I found it somewhat "wierd" that I got this "happy" vibe from a Hannes song (specially those maiden-harmony leads),took me a couple of listens but I really enjoyed this :eek:

')