New Hannes Grossmann :o Feat. Muenzner, Fountainhead, and Danny

ArtHam

Reaction score
I was prepared for it because I take Skype lessons from Danny sometimes.

The lessons mainly consist of him trying to actually teaching me stuff and me wanting him to play things from his musical background. So I had him play me some Zappa (which he absolutely loves. I'm sure he knows about 100 of his songs), Spawn Of Possession and also Alkaloid things and now I always ask from things from the new Hannes record, so he played me the solos to Hail Satan and this one. He told me that Christian and him do the majority of the solos on this record and that Per Nilsson, Erik Rutan and Fountainhead do one each. Looking forward even more to getting the album now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
Damn, I have so many mixed feelings about what's been released so far, but I am kind of afraid to say anything negative since I love all these guys' music and know they lurk on here sometimes

I think Danny's solo on Hail Satan was beyond incredible, though. Sounded pretty edited, but Danny is such an astounding and clean player I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out it wasn't quantized or anything.

Danny also really doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would want to edit his leads like that, but then again the rhythm guitars sound pretty edited and I don't know anything about the way Hannes' produces stuff. Either way, incredible solo.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Damn, I have so many mixed feelings about what's been released so far, but I am kind of afraid to say anything negative since I love all these guys' music and know they lurk on here sometimes

I think Danny's solo on Hail Satan was beyond incredible, though. Sounded pretty edited, but Danny is such an astounding and clean player I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out it wasn't quantized or anything.

Danny also really doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would want to edit his leads like that, but then again the rhythm guitars sound pretty edited and I don't know anything about the way Hannes' produces stuff. Either way, incredible solo.

I talked to Danny the other day asking him about what Kemper profiles he was using on the songs Hannes had released by then (Sow,Hail) and it turns out he records everything using BIAS, then sends them to Hannes and he reamps them with the Axe FX. He records a DI signal and uses the BIAS tone as "reference point" for the recording. I doubt there is much editing from him since he's a such monstrous player :hbang:

ArtHam

Reaction score

I'm sure there's some editing in it on the record, but I've now seen him play it over Skype a couple of times and it sounds exactly the same, very fluid and clean. There's an interview with Hannes somewhere where he says Danny just runs through a song front to back a couple of times, so he might've put some takes together, though Hannes might have done so. I don't know. I could ask him in my next lesson next week :idea:

Other then Christian, who else of the guys is on this board?

ArtHam

Reaction score
I just sent him a Facebook message and he replied!

'Hey man, not sure when the album will be released. Everything is done of course and I've heard the final mix which is really cool. Shouldn't be long now. I used BIAS for the clean sounds and solos. Rhythms and leads were recorded with my Kemper, but all rhythm sounds for the album were reamped by Hannes.
The solo for Hail Satan is basically three takes fading in and out of each other. I played three takes of the full thing and chose the best parts out of the three. I filmed all of that btw and made it into a play through video that should be released soon. As for editing in the parts in general there isn't a lot apart from cross fades from take 1 to take 2 etc. Hannes might have done some extra editing afterwards, but since it's his album he can do whatever he wants. I just recorded multiple complete takes of things, sometimes up to 4 and he took it from there.'

Such an awesome guy.

Rosal76

Reaction score
My friend Eetu covered the solo on Oceanborn. Its incredible how accurate and fast he figures them out right after the tracks are released :eek:

Much respect and envy for your friend. His covers are awesome! :yesway:

Other then Christian, who else of the guys is on this board?

Hannes Grossmann posted on this forum a couple of times, in support for his first solo album, The Radial Covenant. :cool:

ArtHam

Reaction score

Don't be afraid to say when you don't like something, that's what this board is for to discuss. Look at the Periphery and Opeth topics and at least one guy of Periphery is on this board. You don't see anybody holding back there.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Really? That's cool. I hope he stops in here for this release.

It was cool for him to post, the very few times that he did. I had to hold back really hard from asking him questions that I had about his time in Necrophagist, who are one of my favorite bands. I thought is was too disrespectful/off topic for me to ask him about his old band in a thread in which he started to promote, The Radial Covenant. :cool:

However, I was able to ask Christian Muenzner, in the Eternity's End thread, one question about Necrophagist and he happily answered. I was like, "Yes!!!!!!" :hbang:

ArtHam

Reaction score
It was cool for him to post, the very few times that he did. I had to hold back really hard from asking him questions that I had about his time in Necrophagist, who are one of my favorite bands. I thought is was too disrespectful/off topic for me to ask him about his old band in a thread in which he started to promote, The Radial Covenant. :cool:

However, I was able to ask Christian Muenzner, in the Eternity's End thread, one question about Necrophagist and he happily answered. I was like, "Yes!!!!!!" :hbang:

I would have that feeling too. But I think I would also be careful not to ask about Necrophagist since by now you can just google the question and get their answers on that from literally a thousand interviews and still they get asked about it. By now it must be a mixed blessing to them since they have done so many things since and neither seems to think Epitaph was their best work.

takotakumi

Reaction score
aye boys, just in case, master hannes just sent this from the indiegogo campaign:

Dear backers!

First off all, that you so much for your support and making this campaign a success. It is only because of your contribution(s) that I'm able to release my music, so I'm really really greatful.

Second, sorry that it took so long to send an updare about the satus of this campaign. I was finishing the mix/master which took longer than expected and also I had to arrange the production with the plant, had to order shirts, USB sticks and everything else that I offered in the campaign. Unfortunately it took longer than expected, so I just didn't wanna make a promise I'm not 100% sure I can keep, because the planned schedule was in danger to fall apart.

Luckily, there is good news. Due to hard work I'm able to send out all the perks on Aug 31st, which is still earlier than the actual release date. So I can keep my promise and you will receive your perk soon.

Again, thank you for making this happen.

Love & Respect

Hannes Grossmann

PS: In case you ordered a shirt, I'm going to send out emails during the next days asking everyone personally about size. So please check your account and also - just in case - your spam folder.

chopeth

Reaction score
I ordered the physical CDs, do I get the download link with them too ?

')