New Hannes Grossmann :o Feat. Muenzner, Fountainhead, and Danny

ArtHam

Reaction score
This. CD. Rules.
So glad I donated.
Literally cannot believe how much I enjoy it. After feeling duped by 2 disappointing preordered releases this year - aborted and obscura both albums I wanted to love but still don't - this one almost makes me forget that. Now I'm actually sorry I only got the digital release.

Worth. It.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtHam

Reaction score
Silence Speaks is catchy af. Loving the grooving halftime part and the solo is unbelievable. Hail Satan is my favorite song after repeated listens. Only one track that I don't like as much as the rest which is the instrumental track Gravity Waves but that's still great.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Loving it so far.

My only "complaint" is that most of the cool parts where previously shown in the riff collection he showed, which kind of lowered or slightly ruined(by this I Mean in the lowest way as in almost not doing anything hehe)my first listening of the song. However, at the same time I did this to myself by blasting the riff collection 24/7 when they came out haha I'm pretty sure this was not supposed to be done :s

chopeth

Reaction score
I haven't listened to a single note yet, hate it before the cd hits me, but it's already leaked, thought 192kbps. Damn, wish I get it next monday, nothing in the mailbox atm.

Rosal76

Reaction score
My only "complaint" is that most of the cool parts where previously shown in the riff collection he showed, which kind of lowered or slightly ruined(by this I Mean in the lowest way as in almost not doing anything hehe)my first listening of the song. However, at the same time I did this to myself by blasting the riff collection 24/7 when they came out haha I'm pretty sure this was not supposed to be done :s

I'm pretty sure your interest in the album will be rejuvenated when you get the guitar tabs and start studying/playing the music. I haven't received my C.D./USB package yet but I've enjoyed the music I've heard so far. I'm like, dying to analyze/dissect/study/play the new music now. :cool:

takotakumi

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your interest in the album will be rejuvenated when you get the guitar tabs and start studying/playing the music. I haven't received my C.D./USB package yet but I've enjoyed the music I've heard so far. I'm like, dying to analyze/dissect/study/play the new music now. :cool:

Oh don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying it massively :hbang::hbang:
Just that I did not have that feeling of awe like when you discover a new song haha. Me and my friend are planning on covering some songs of the album since we get the stems which would make everything so easy to record :D

ArtHam

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying it massively :hbang::hbang:
Just that I did not have that feeling of awe like when you discover a new song haha. Me and my friend are planning on covering some songs of the album since we get the stems which would make everything so easy to record :D

I don't think Hannes offered stems, just the isolate drum tracks but none of the other instruments.
Didn't get the tab package because I got those with the Alkaloid release but they didn't contain any of the solos. I know these tabs also don't have the solos in them.

takotakumi

Reaction score
I don't think Hannes offered stems, just the isolate drum tracks but none of the other instruments.
Didn't get the tab package because I got those with the Alkaloid release but they didn't contain any of the solos. I know these tabs also don't have the solos in them.

Slight bummer. By stems I meant the isolated drum tracks my bad :p
Hopefully they come with the bass as well but who knows..at least thats how the latest obscura tabbook came (but then again obscura is not hannes).

I know I can't play the solos as of now but would've liked to see a tab hehe I guess I just leave that part to my friend Eetu then :idea:

However, wasn't for the Alkaloid campaign not an official tab but rather one with ideas before they fully recorded/finished songs? I was able to obtain those and yeah they did not show the solos, and some parts were slightly off, like those posted on ultimate-guitar.

ArtHam

Reaction score
Loving it so far.

Loving the album a lot. Mostly impressed and happy about the guitar on this album because Danny's presence is massive. I love Hannes for getting him to play all guitars and letting him shine. All other guest appearances are great of course but Danny is taking it to 11 here.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Loving the album a lot. Mostly impressed and happy about the guitar on this album because Danny's presence is massive. I love Hannes for getting him to play all guitars and letting him shine. All other guest appearances are great of course but Danny is taking it to 11 here.

Dude my exact same thoughts. I am so glad Danny is taking the spotlight and getting the recognition he deserves. He's always been a beast but needs a bit more attetion hehe

Currently stuck jamming Anima Inferna , Beyond the Boundaries of death, and eye of the storm.

Anima Inferna has another brutal solo from Danny :bowdown:

ArtHam

Reaction score
Slight bummer. By stems I meant the isolated drum tracks my bad :p
Hopefully they come with the bass as well but who knows..at least thats how the latest obscura tabbook came (but then again obscura is not hannes).

I know I can't play the solos as of now but would've liked to see a tab hehe I guess I just leave that part to my friend Eetu then :idea:

However, wasn't for the Alkaloid campaign not an official tab but rather one with ideas before they fully recorded/finished songs? I was able to obtain those and yeah they did not show the solos, and some parts were slightly off, like those posted on ultimate-guitar.

Yes that's what it was, I asked Danny about that in my first lesson with him. He told me that Hannes is not a guitar player and because of that his tabs often don't make too much sense in that they will contain fingerings that no experienced guitar player would use or fret stretches that are impossible and that he always has a lot of fun in making sense out of them. So what we got in that package was basically the files the guitarists had to use to record the album and while they recorded it parts were changed like you said. I assumed since this is 100% a Hannes album it would be the same again.

ArtHam

Reaction score
Dude my exact same thoughts. I am so glad Danny is taking the spotlight and getting the recognition he deserves. He's always been a beast but needs a bit more attetion hehe

Currently stuck jamming Anima Inferna , Beyond the Boundaries of death, and eye of the storm.

Anima Inferna has another brutal solo from Danny :bowdown:

Until about a year ago I never heard of him, but since then he's grown into a major inspiration.
Beyond the Boundaries of Death is great. The Erik Rutan solo is very chaotic and rock n roll and the way Danny's solo flows into Christians solo is a highlight for me. The chorus to Eye of the Storm is one of my favorite moments.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Until about a year ago I never heard of him, but since then he's grown into a major inspiration.
Beyond the Boundaries of Death is great. The Erik Rutan solo is very chaotic and rock n roll and the way Danny's solo flows into Christians solo is a highlight for me. The chorus to Eye of the Storm is one of my favorite moments.

Do you know which songs feature the other guest players?

ArtHam

Reaction score
Do you know which songs feature the other guest players?

Yes!

Danny Tunker: Silence Speaks, Hail Satan, Anima Inferna, Beyond the Boundaries of Death, Oceanborn
Erik Rutan: Beyond the Boundaries of Death
Fountainhead: To Sow the Seeds of Earth
Per Nilsson: The Crypts of Sleep (the very long solo)
Christian Muenzner: To Sow the Seeds of Earth, In the Eye of The Storm, Oceanborn, Gravity Waves, Beyond the Boundaries of Death

Rosal76

Reaction score
I know these tabs also don't have the solos in them.

This sucks really bad for me. I was looking forward to learning the solos from Erik Rutan, Per Nilsson and Fountainhead. For me, that's like buying a Rust in peace (Megadeth) and/or Van Halen guitar tab book without the Marty Friedman and Eddie Van Halen solos included. Oh well, better some tabs than nothing. :cool:

takotakumi

Reaction score
This sucks really bad for me. I was looking forward to learning the solos from Erik Rutan, Per Nilsson and Fountainhead. For me, that's like buying a Rust in peace (Megadeth) and/or Van Halen guitar tab book without the Marty Friedman and Eddie Van Halen solos included. Oh well, better some tabs than nothing. :cool:

Guest solos are almost always never tabbed since they are from some member outside the band and has his own schedule/stuff to do and thus have a hard time to meet the tabbook times from what I understand.

I think the only one doing all solos is Muenzner kn his tabbook because he intentiously is tabbing everything including Jimmy's keyboard solo.

ArtHam

Reaction score
Guest solos are almost always never tabbed since they are from some member outside the band and has his own schedule/stuff to do and thus have a hard time to meet the tabbook times from what I understand.

I think the only one doing all solos is Muenzner kn his tabbook because he intentiously is tabbing everything including Jimmy's keyboard solo.

I think you're right. Personally it would have been better if no tabs were offered since we now more or less know there will be differences between recording and tabs and there will be no solos, but I already though that after the Alkaloid campaign. I'm pretty sure none of the soloists use guitar pro to 'write' their solos so to expect them to record it and then transcribe it would be too much. I remember Fountainhead didn't transcribe any of the akroasis solos for the tab book either.

The tabs for Christian Muenzner's book were transcribed by somebody else if I remember right, but Christian took the time to check them.

')