New Hannes Grossmann :o Feat. Muenzner, Fountainhead, and Danny

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
. I remember Fountainhead didn't transcribe any of the akroasis solos for the tab book either.
He was supposed to but didn't, then complained that they had someone else transcribe them and they were not completely accurate... But that is neither here nor there.

The only complaint I have about this album now that I have listened to it like 5 or 6 times is that all of the "choruses" sorta sound the same and a lot of the song structures are the same-ish. The last thing is something I am guilty of in my own writing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtHam

Reaction score
He was supposed to but didn't, then complained that they had someone else transcribe them and they were not completely accurate... But that is neither here nor there.

The only complaint I have about this album now that I have listened to it like 5 or 6 times is that all of the "choruses" sorta sound the same and a lot of the song structures are the same-ish. The last thing is something I am guilty of in my own writing.

Don't have that problem myself. Only songs where I can kind of see that are Eye of the Storm and To Sow The Seeds of Earth. The choruses sound remotely the same because of the clean singing. The only song that I don't like as much as the rest is the instrumental, Gravity Waves. I find myself enjoying this album a lot more than the radial covenant though.

ArtHam

Reaction score
The title track, Silence Speaks and Hail Satan are my favorite tracks. Beyond the Boundaries of Death is another strong one. Hard to choose. This release is doing more for me than any other release so far this year.

chopeth

Reaction score
eQL0WLD.jpg

ArtHam

Reaction score

takotakumi

Reaction score
YES! I was hoping this would get released some time. He told me about that video and how that's the take they used on the album. I saw him play it even better during one lesson if you can believe that. This is so cool!

:scream::scream:
This makes the video even better :bowdown::bowdown:
For the moment this is my favorite solo of all 2016.

The only possible rival could be Per if Scar Symmetry end up releasing the new album this year and Per kills it again with those amazing solos of his.

ArtHam

Reaction score
:scream::scream:
This makes the video even better :bowdown::bowdown:
For the moment this is my favorite solo of all 2016.

The only possible rival could be Per if Scar Symmetry end up releasing the new album this year and Per kills it again with those amazing solos of his.

Well, Per's solo in this album is great too. :agreed:
I am so glad Hannes has given Danny so much space to do shine. These guys work so well together and you can almost hear the respect they have in everything they do.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Received my perk yesterday I believe and picked it up today.

Rosal and everyone else you should have yours already :D (earlier if you're in EU)

Will post pictures tomorrow, on my way to go see Scar Symmetry :v:hbang:

chopeth

Reaction score
My pict doesn't show, probably because of imgur, but it depicted my perk, which I received on Monday, being in Europe ;)

Rosal76

Reaction score
Received my perk yesterday I believe and picked it up today.

Rosal and everyone else you should have yours already :D (earlier if you're in EU)

Will post pictures tomorrow, on my way to go see Scar Symmetry :v:hbang:

Awesome!

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the package to arrive. If you can, tell us what you think of the tabs. :metal:

ArtHam

Reaction score
Awesome!

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the package to arrive. If you can, tell us what you think of the tabs. :metal:

I was hanging out with a friend last night and saw the tabs. They look alright though there really are no solos. We played through Silence Speaks and To Sow The Seeds of Earth and though most notes (99%) seem to be the same as on the album some of the positions are cumbersome and little things seem to have been changed. I'm pretty sure I saw Danny play the main riff for To Sow the Seeds of Earth differently. It's pretty much the same deal as with Alkaloid and the Omnivium book. You're getting the final files they used when they started recording though not necessarily what and how it ended up on the album.

Rosal76

Reaction score
.... and though most notes (99%) seem to be the same as on the album some of the positions are cumbersome and little things seem to have been changed.

You're getting the final files they used when they started recording though not necessarily what and how it ended up on the album.

I have to agree on your statements. I got my USB yesterday and spent some time looking over the tabs and listening to the music at the same time. There is a song in which I heard certain notes but did not see in the tabs, unless the notes I heard were being played on guitar 2. Starting tomorrow, I'm gonna look over every song, both guitars 1 and 2, 3 on some them, and analyze, dissect, study them. Overall, I'm very pleased with it and will be learning from it for a long time. :cool:

Edit.

I found the notes. The song is Hail Satan. Guitar 3 is playing the clean notes. I was trying to find them on Guitars 1 and 2. All good for this song. :cool:

takotakumi

Reaction score
I was hanging out with a friend last night and saw the tabs. They look alright though there really are no solos. We played through Silence Speaks and To Sow The Seeds of Earth and though most notes (99%) seem to be the same as on the album some of the positions are cumbersome and little things seem to have been changed. I'm pretty sure I saw Danny play the main riff for To Sow the Seeds of Earth differently. It's pretty much the same deal as with Alkaloid and the Omnivium book. You're getting the final files they used when they started recording though not necessarily what and how it ended up on the album.

Very spot on. Like you mentioned before, these seem to be Hannes's ideas or original compositions, which have some awkward positioning. For me the best example of this is the intro to "to sow the seeds". At least we have the correct notes :D

chopeth

Reaction score
I can't believe such small talk about Hannes' last

')