New Hannes Grossmann :o Feat. Muenzner, Fountainhead, and Danny

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I can't believe such small talk about Hannes' last

I'm still analyzing/dissecting the album. I've listened to it more than a few times but because technical death metal albums have a lot of notes in them, it can take me quite a while to digest everything. Overall, I'm pleased with it.

*Restarts Thread*
How did you guys like it compared to The Radial Covenant?

I like both albums and really can't choose one over the other. I would not have been to surprised if Hannes called his second album, "The Radial Covenant part 2". There is a song on Crypts where the beginning sounds like the beginning of "Exclusive reverence" by Beyond Creation and another song that has a part that sounds like parts from Velocity by Obscura. Those parts are really cool to hear. :cool:

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
Despite what I said earlier in the thread, I really like this album and have been listening to it nonstop.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Forgot to ask this sooner...

For the track "Beyond the Boundaries of Death", the chorus "What is dead may never die", is that a straight reference to the Game of Thrones Iron Islands-Kraken kingdom banner or is that same quote used in other religions, philosophies, books, etc?

chopeth

Reaction score
It's the same with me, first listen was... meh, nothing really grabs my attention (listened to it on the laptop crappy speakers... I now). Second listen was on my 2.1 home speakers and I liked it a lot better, some nice parts, groovy riffs, could tell songs apart and third listen in my car (8 hi-fi speakers everywhere) blew my frickin mind. Now I can't put another cd there.

I would like to know about that Greyjoy reference too, that's cool.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
Forgot to ask this sooner...

For the track "Beyond the Boundaries of Death", the chorus "What is dead may never die", is that a straight reference to the Game of Thrones Iron Islands-Kraken kingdom banner or is that same quote used in other religions, philosophies, books, etc?
Pretty sure it is a HP Lovecraft reference.

[edit] At least that is the first thing to pop in my head when I heard it and I know they are into Lovecraft. But, it is a direct quote from the books, so...

ArtHam

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is a HP Lovecraft reference.

[edit] At least that is the first thing to pop in my head when I heard it and I know they are into Lovecraft. But, it is a direct quote from the books, so...

These guys are so into Lovecraft (Cthulhu) and Iron Maiden (the same quote is on the cover for Live After Death on the tombstone, but that's another Lovecraft quote) I'm very sure it's Lovecraft. I think Morean and Muenzner are maybe the biggest Lovecraft fans in that camp, but wouldn't be surprised it rubbed off on Hannes.

ArtHam

Reaction score
*Restarts Thread*
How did you guys like it compared to The Radial Covenant?

I like it a lot more than Radial Covenant. That album was, for lack of a better word, less accessible and harder to sit through for me. I like almost all songs on that album, but Crypts of Sleep for me has better hooks and better playing from all involved.
For my taste the only thing that Radial Covenant has is a better Per Nilsson solo. I like the one on Crypts of Sleep, but where his solo on Radial Covenant was one of the highlights for that album for me he gets outshined severely on this album by Danny.
Danny doesn't want to hear that since Per is one of his heroes and he loves what Per did on this album, but his solos in Hail Satan, Beyond The Boundaries Of Death and Silence Speaks are some of the greatest solos I have ever heard.

What I like most is that even though it's a drummer's solo album it feels like a true band album. Radial Covenant felt like a solo album to me.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Hannes released this video a couple of hours ago regarding sow the seeds:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead with a new song.

Danny Tunker - Guitars
Linus Klausenitzer - Bass
V.Santura - Vocals
Hannes Grossmann - Drums

chopeth

Reaction score
He lost me as a fan. My favourite drummer ever, I bought everything he put out as I adored every project he worked for, Necrophagist, Obscura, Muenzner, SoP (I think he also was the drummer for them?), Alkaloid, instructional drum videos but I bought a USB he sold for the last album containing the raw tracks and tabs for different albums. Well, it wasn't precisely cheap, 30€ I think. When I got it I discovered half the files were corrupt. I told the guy and he stop answering my mails, not to even say sorry, I would have told him no problem, keep the money but the bastard stopped replying and I am aware my USB wasn't defective, so some other fans who bought the limited USB got scammed as I did.

Lost me forever, I'll never buy anything from him anymore... beware if you buy the album, maybe the CD is not in the case when you open it. If anyone is interested in the USB shit material of this rat, just contact me.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't precisely cheap, 30€ I think. When I got it I discovered half the files were corrupt. I told the guy and he stop answering my mails, not to even say sorry, I would have told him no problem, keep the money but the bastard stopped replying and I am aware my USB wasn't defective, so some other fans who bought the limited USB got scammed as I did.

Lost me forever, I'll never buy anything from him anymore... beware if you buy the album, maybe the CD is not in the case when you open it. If anyone is interested in the USB shit material of this rat, just contact me.

Could just be too busy to reply, maybe he gets a lot of fan mail these days and it got burried... Also email could've been automatically marked as spam and he has never even seen it. Maybe you should try contacting him some other way?

chopeth

Reaction score
Could just be too busy to reply, maybe he gets a lot of fan mail these days and it got burried... Also email could've been automatically marked as spam and he has never even seen it. Maybe you should try contacting him some other way?

I wish it were that but I received the mails before that in my email, wrote to him several times and no answer. Didn't try to contact him other way because I don't know how. I told his mates Muenzner, sent messages where he wrote in the past, here, social media.... total silence, so I thought the worst. Still think that way. Yesterday he, for the first time, answered on facebook and said the same as you. I told him to prove it, if that is so, I'll be happy to say I'm sorry and that it was all a mistake, but I'm not sure if he can prove it. However, I can.

chopeth

Reaction score
Replied, said:

I did reply and uploaded the content again. I also asked if you want a refund or a substitute for the specific files. Never got a reply from you. Ever considered that something went wrong with the email App?

I answered:

can you prove that? I sent you several emails and got no reply, and also met other people who bought the same item and got the same corrupt files. Obviously after not receiving replies to several emails I thought the worst but If I'm wrong I'm not afraid to say sorry, but there's nothing in my email from you after I made you aware the usb is a mess.

And that's a week ago...

')