New Harley Benton FanFret-8

• Thread starter Van Portogal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Still no resolution on my issue. This whole thing is very frustrating and off-putting, and every experience related to getting this solved has been negative. Sent a couple emails asking a question and I understand that they're in the opposite time zone and all but they haven't replied to me since Saturday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
bumping this as I plan to pick up the 2018 model this year once my 2017 model mods are finished
(Just neck pickup and toggle switch and its done)

and I plan to mod the 2018 one too.
will do threads etc

Isx

Reaction score
I managed to score a set of EMGs off of the bay and see if I could for them in!

The HBZ pickups are a little bit more rounded than the EMGs so the routes need a small bit of modification in order to fit, I’m pretty bad at woodwork but managed the job with a seemed and some sandpaper.
zz7iYya.jpg

MUlkNGu.jpg

The wiring was tricky but with a bit of ocd magic and wiring up a series a23 battery holder I’ve maged to get all of it inside pretty tidily!

MlmckXj.jpg

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score

The HBZ pickups are a little bit more rounded than the EMGs so the routes need a small bit of modification in order to fit, I’m pretty bad at woodwork but managed the job with a seemed and some sandpaper.
zz7iYya.jpg

MUlkNGu.jpg

The wiring was tricky but with a bit of ocd magic and wiring up a series a23 battery holder I’ve maged to get all of it inside pretty tidily!

MlmckXj.jpg
YESS /\

thats excellent!

very well done. Nice to know it IS possible to cram active electronics in these.

Isx

Reaction score
YESS /\

thats excellent!

very well done. Nice to know it IS possible to cram active electronics in these.

Hardest part was enlarging the pickup routes. I think having a mini switch to replace the stock one would leave even more space in the cavity and you could probably fit a 9v in there but the 24v mod sounds pretty awesome, just means changing the batteries more often unfortunately.

Zhysick

Reaction score
I swapped the stock pups of my FF7 for an active Duncan in neck and a emg in bridge with no need of nodding the routes. Fitted in there nicely.

I removed the tone lot by the way so more room for the battery... enough for a 18v mod... soon... the 81-7 running with 18volts usually sounds quite better...

Wallysef

Reaction score

zz7iYya.jpg

MUlkNGu.jpg

MlmckXj.jpg
Weird...Can only see the pics by sending a reply ! Which type are your EMG pups ? How does it sound ?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

zz7iYya.jpg

MUlkNGu.jpg

MlmckXj.jpg
Looks like a tight fit, but the aesthetic works quite well. :yesway:
Those leads all look like they are 5x longer than they need to be, except the battery clip that's too short. :/ It's a wonder that all fits in the cavity without causing any trouble

lewis

Reaction score
Time to bump this I suppose.

dayumn he got a lemon haha.

Such inconsistent nonsense. my 2017 had some paint finish flaws but the frets are not sharp at all. How can it be so random from them?

Really need to step their QC up.

')