New heavily syncopated intro (Recabinet 2.1 Impulses/keFIR/Guitar Rig 4/Ez Drummer)

• Thread starter TheDeltaOrionis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDeltaOrionis

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
the tone, IMO, could be better- but I don't think it's 'bad' or 'poopy'. It also sounds like there's no bass, which I think effects it as well.

Care to share your GR4 preset and/or settings?

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
The guitar needs more presence. It sounds like it's behind a blanket.

Also this isn't really syncopated, more of just a rhythm that doesn't repeat every bar. The riffs are still cool though, and the drums are pretty good.

theclap

Reaction score
The guitar needs more presence. It sounds like it's behind a blanket.

Also this isn't really syncopated, more of just a rhythm that doesn't repeat every bar. The riffs are still cool though, and the drums are pretty good.

agreed on the prescence. the "blanketed" is a common problem with GR. are you using the program provided cab sims?

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
agreed on the prescence. the "blanketed" is a common problem with GR. are you using the program provided cab sims?

:agreed:

The cab sims in GR4 are 'meh' unless you're willing to do some serious tweaking. I've had better luck with the GR3 versions- or combining the two. Although the OP's title leads me to believe he used Recabinet for his cab sim.

TheDeltaOrionis

Reaction score
I used the "Tangerine" (Orange 4x12) cab provided by Recabinet 2.1 Modern.
Probably the guitars need more presence because I tried to use the "121" mic blended with the "57" mic in Recabinet. But it seems that the 121 is too bassy and "boxy", not really "present" in the mix. I'm not that happy of the result but that "bassy" tone covers the fact that there isn't any bass in the mix.
I don't have a bass guitar and I don't know how to add a decent bass track without it, and we all know that without bass the guitar tone is not that great :(
How do you add bass in your tracks guys? Do you use a real bass guitar?

And about my Guitar Rig 4 preset:
I used the "Skreamer" (Ibanez TS9), "Ultrasonic" (Bogner Überschall) head with
Gain: 1,50 (yeah, really low gain o_O but the EMGs have a fuckton amount of output)
Bass: 6
Middle: 8
High: 5,5
Presence: 7,5
Then I added a noise gate. That's it, pretty simple and straight forward :)

Finally, if this is not syncopated maybe I have to read again this ahahah :D :
Syncopation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: I'm glad that some of you liked the drums because this is the first time I program drums all by myself, without using samples ;)

')