New Heavy/Thrash track.

• Thread starter inflames1919
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

inflames1919

Hellraiser
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been working on this track for awhile now, and while its sounding good so far, im still not 100% happy with it. I wanted that big "black album" sound, which im sort of near at the moment(who am i kidding im not bob rock), but my problem is because there are a few thrash riffs here and there, the fast picking doesnt really come through that clear. Its just alot of fizz.

I've double tracked the guitars and used a colin richardson EQ setting. I also had a c4 on them, but that seemed to give me more fizz and less clarity so I got rid of that. Was my tone too distorted to begin with or can I still salvage some chug from it?

Oh, and please excuse the sloppy playing :wallbash:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882619&songID=6978894

Anyways would love to hear what you all think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruins

Reaction score
it all sounds kind of narrow maybe some panning would do the trick or maybe even some reverb.
i like the balance between the guitars and bass even though you can't hear clearly at all what bass is playing (as bassist this bothers me).

inflames1919

Hellraiser
Reaction score
it all sounds kind of narrow maybe some panning would do the trick or maybe even some reverb.
i like the balance between the guitars and bass even though you can't hear clearly at all what bass is playing (as bassist this bothers me).

It bothers me too! The reason why is because I dont have a bass and had to record the bass parts with a guitar, and then pitch shift it. So you dont really get that clarity unfortunately.

')