New here and got my first 7 string!

• Thread starter slythy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slythy

Reaction score
Hey!

I just picked up a Schecter Demon-7 as my first seven string, seems like a solid beginner seven.

My main setup is a Schecter Hellraiser C1 emg 81/85 on a 6505+ 2x12".

The current pickups on the schecter are a chinese duncan "design" blackout hb105 setup. I'm really leaning towards swapping them out for a EMG 57/66 setup. I mostly play metal but would like the 7 string to be a little cleaner sounding. Anyone have any opinions or know where i can get the pickups reasonably priced? Putting $300 pickups in a $400 guitar hurts me a bit but i can use them on my next seven i guess. Also do you guys know if i would have to mod the body to fit them or not and what style i would need? there seems to be 2 different base heights for the PU's.

Thanks again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Alright!! Congrats on the new 7 and welcome to the forums! :) :yesway:

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Welcome good sir! I actually joined last year, but have 5 posts if that! Nice guitar! Just got my second seven string not long ago, my first being an Ibby 7321. Got rid of it, and now I have an Ibby 7421PB. You're gonna love it here, man! All the people are great! :)

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
welcome_zps39e2fdd9.gif

')