New ibanez 7s rumors

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Well there's 2, and one is all but confirmed to be the one in Galaxy White with the maple board. The other is rumored to be an RG7321 with a maple top.

I really hope the other one is more than just a RG7321 with a maple top. Here was me hoping for some sort of medium to higher end sort of thing. :(

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
A guy I talk to regularly is seeking all teh scoops he could find, and all he could tell me about Ibanez is a 27 fret xiphos 7. Untill the official NAMM it's all rumors still...

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
What they need to do is come up with a 7 made of Mahogany a thin neck and give 2 options a rosewood fingerboard and a maple one..and give it a lo pro edge 7 bridge !!! :shred:

I hope they gonna come up with some great guitars this years...Because the last few years they haven't came up with anything too interesting..and I'm a big fan of Ibanez.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
It's basswood? Again?

Screw that.

Yeah pretty much. :wallbash: And believe me, I like Ibanez guitars, but they've really been crapping it out the last year or so. I am glad to see they're back to the whole "LSD trip" color theme.

Johann

Midnight Walker
Reaction score
Mock up! (not made by me)

rg1527Mgwcopyfinal.jpg

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The black headstock on that guitar feels like a insanely strong kick on the balls.

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
Ibanez should use real Floyds

that is all

No.

Some people can't use real Floyds because they are not low profile. Floyd Rose won't make a low profile Trem for 7 strings.

Looking forward to seeing this guitar if it actually comes out. I'm guessing it will because if you search RG1527M on google it shows up on a link to the ibanez site, although you can't actually see it within the site.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
No.

Some people can't use real Floyds because they are not low profile. Floyd Rose won't make a low profile Trem for 7 strings.

Looking forward to seeing this guitar if it actually comes out. I'm guessing it will because if you search RG1527M on google it shows up on a link to the ibanez site, although you can't actually see it within the site.

:agreed:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Ibanez need more hardtails IMO, I'm sick of every guitar they make having a trem on it.

Although they did take a step in the right direction with making a mahogany 7 with a fixed bridge- the Xiphos. I could never get into that shape though. It seems that Ibanez refuses to make a wide range of 7 strings, which is a shame because they're my favourite company.

NeglectedField

Reaction score
I've found the Edge Zero/ZR are the nicest to me. I find they're both nicer than most hardtail bridges, facilitate clear and fast playing, and unlike Floyds (unless you buy a Hipshot Tremsetter) they won't go sharp easily from palming the bridge, something I really suffered from in the studio.

')