New Ibanez Maik Weichter sig

• Thread starter Leuka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuka

Reaction score
new sig model for the guy from Heaven Shall Burn. kinda cool.

Ibanez - MWM10 Maik Weichert Signature - Guitar - Official Merchandise Online Shop - Impericon.com Worldwide

20150323_hsb_3_lg.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Can't say I dig the random red knob but that's an easy fix. Looks tasty otherwise.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Nice specs for the price! I'd do a quick swap and change the red knob to white so it matches the pickups.

Zado

Reaction score
They got rid of the stupid black plastic around the blade switch,I need it now.

stevexc

Reaction score
They got rid of the stupid black plastic around the blade switch,I need it now.

They got rid of the blade switch, too... the only reason they don't have the plastic is because they're using a 3-way toggle instead. That's unfortunately (for some) a necessity given how the S is designed.

Zado

Reaction score
They got rid of the blade switch, too... the only reason they don't have the plastic is because they're using a 3-way toggle instead. That's unfortunately (for some) a necessity given how the S is designed.

Yep,and I'm totally fine with that,I like the toggle switch if it kicks that black plastic out of the show:fawk:

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I honestly think this is a POS.
Meh pups, bleah knob, silly bridge...I wonder if it's even worth to buy and mod it...as there are better options and for that price you'll be really lucky to get a good figure on the top like the one in the pic.

And...Ibanez has much mooooooooooaaaaaar better players deserving a signature.
Honestly...bah...I'm so perplexed by this guitar.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Never heard of him, never heard of the band, but I'd rock it, wonky red knob and all

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
White switch tip, white volume knob and matte white tuner buttons and that thing is sleeeek! Maik Weichert? Neva hoid of 'im.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I honestly think this is a POS.
Meh pups, bleah knob, silly bridge...I wonder if it's even worth to buy and mod it...as there are better options and for that price you'll be really lucky to get a good figure on the top like the one in the pic.

And...Ibanez has much mooooooooooaaaaaar better players deserving a signature.
Honestly...bah...I'm so perplexed by this guitar.

Meh pickups? It's a tried and true EMG set. If you can't get those sounding good, you're doing something wrong. :lol:

I mean, I'd love if it came with my personal favorite pickup combo, but it's not my sig.

Not seeing how a simple to replace knob and a pretty solid bridge makes this a "POS" either, care to elaborate?

Musiscience

Reaction score
"Maik knows much about guitar, and tells some. Maik knows many licks others do not."

―Maik the Liar

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
Make this a multiscale 8 string with strandberg* boden body, hipshot hardware, BKP aftermaths and I'll be all over this thing.

Buffnuggler

Reaction score
i can see how a lot of people aren't into this guitar but this is pretty cool from ibanez IMO, launching a mini signature run out of nowhere, makes me optimistic for the sort of stuff we could see in the future if the company continues to take this route.

i was on the fence about buying one of these but the reverse headstock pushed me over. just pulled the trigger and was having some checkout problems, I couldn't get it to go through, but after reloading the screen I got a confirmation email and the guitar now seems to be out of stock so I guess i snagged the last one (assuming the checkout wasn't an error lol).

the last thing i need is another ibanez but oh well that's the way she goes.

Latest posts

')