New Ibanez RG1527 Prestige (urgent question)

• Thread starter DURBANS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DURBANS

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum, this is my first post since I just came back from the store with a brand new 1527 in CB (some kinda purple blue).

It's the 2004 model, so it has a 3 piece neck (not 5), big dots (not small) and it came without a harshell case. All the rest is the exact same as the new 2005 RG1527 (well, except the colour too).

Now, I know that the new Prestige RG's are being sold with included harshell cases. I need to know what case model that is, since I want to order it and my dealer doesn't know. I'm from south-america by the way.

Particularly, I need to know about the RG1527 (which is a Prestige model), or at least what does the case look like? Is it the molded plastic SKB like (with the Ibanez logo embedded with some weird lines?) or is it the "classic" one with red interior (I think is the Universe case)?.

Thanks in advance!, I hope at least someone here has a 2005 RG1527.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to your question, but welcome to the board!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
My 2005 came w/ a J Craft case. It's definitely nicer than an M100C, but not as nice as a UV1000C.

7-request

Reaction score
i got my rg 1527 with out hardcase, just the box,... :p

2005 line up, RB colour,... :D

from the inspection card, it was made late 2004 (Dec)
i have asked the distributor, they said, it came with out hardcase,...

i think it was distributed differently for each region,.. :p
japan one, got 2 colours of choice,... Europe too, US is BP (from the site) and the rest of Asia(some part) only RB

DURBANS

Reaction score
Is there a way to know the model of the case? Or maybe someone else with a '05 1527 with case? Thanks!

peterchau

Heavy Metal Pirate
Reaction score
should all 1527 come with a case? the store i ordered from said it doesnt so im not too sure.

DURBANS

Reaction score
As far as I know, the new '05 models come with a case as do all the Prestige line. I really need to know the case it came with from factory, so far I've narrowed to 3 models:

1) Universe look-a-like W50 (from the Japanese site):

W50.jpg

2) Universe case UV1000C (similar to the above but apparently more deluxe):

UV1000C.jpg

3) The hard plastic SKB-like case (M100C):

M100C.jpg

I need to know which case is it (if it's one from the pics). I've seen the Korn guitars K7's being pictured in cases like the UV (couldn't tell if it was the UV100C (with the combination lock) or the simple one, but it had the red interior. I'm just guessing maybe the 1527's come with that case too?

Anyway, any new '05 1527 owner could you please tell me which case is it?

Thanks!

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It would be the plastic SKB style one. Although, the new ones say Prestige on them, I do belive. Also, I don't think they actually come with a case but mine, I had an '04(?) and I got it with the M100C.

DURBANS

Reaction score
OK!!! I think I finally found this!

It's from a '05 6 string Prestige RG 3120 (which is a 6 stringer).

Here it's the pic:

10518911-d6RG3120FDAM_CASE.jpg

And another:

10518911-d7RG3120FDAM_HARDCASE.jpg

Now, I was reading though Harmony Central and a couple guys said it came with the "nice Prestige case" so i guess this is it.

Now... would this fit a 7 string as well? I mean, if I order it, or is it kinda generic? I mean, look at the pic, do u think a 7 string fits in there?

Thanks!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
DURBANS said:

Here it's the pic:

Now, I was reading though Harmony Central and a couple guys said it came with the "nice Prestige case" so i guess this is it.

Now... would this fit a 7 string as well? I mean, if I order it, or is it kinda generic? I mean, look at the pic, do u think a 7 string fits in there?

Thanks!

Dude, am I invisible? DO you guys have me on ignore?

polaris20 said:
My 2005 came w/ a J Craft case. It's definitely nicer than an M100C, but not as nice as a UV1000C.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It comes with a M100, I believe, but before they started including the case this year, most people sprang the extra cash for the UV1000 case - it's considered the standard case for all high-end Ibanez guitars, and including the M100 is actually considered somewhat of a downgrade this year.

You can order basically whatever case you want for your new guitar (and technically, it doesn't even have to be a stock Ibanez case , as there are better cases out there), but myself, if you want an Ibanez case, I'd say go for the UV1000. It's a great case, virtually bulletproof, and they can be had frequently secondhand for around $80.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Polaris20 said:
Dude, am I invisible? DO you guys have me on ignore?

Wait a second, did you guys just hear something? No? Man... Could have sworn I heard some valuable imput from Polaris in this thread, but must've been my imagination. Whatever happened to that bloke, anyway? Haven't seen him here in ages...

:fawk:

-D ;)

DURBANS

Reaction score
Sorry Polaris, I was actually looking to know the model name. Does your case say: J-Craft on a white rectangle or does it say the model name?

Thanks

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
You guys are killin' me! :D

It says J-Craft in the silver square. I have an M100 for my RG421, and this ain't an M100.

I'll see if I can dig up the actual model number for ya.

DURBANS

Reaction score
Yeah, that'd be great, so far I know is the "Prestige J-Craft hardshell case" but a model number would be awesome!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
DURBANS said:

Here it's the pic:

10518911-d6RG3120FDAM_CASE.jpg

And another:

10518911-d7RG3120FDAM_HARDCASE.jpg

Thanks!
The RG1527 comes in THAT case. so did my UV777PBK
(which you can see here

typhoon7

Reaction score
I just got my 1527 as well and came with the j craft case.Wow,what a great guitar.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
those plastic cases look kinda crappy. of course, carrying around my RG7621 in a fender gig bag isn't any better :p

')