New instrumental song "Slow-Walking" (for solo project)

Rotatous

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've been absent from thes forums for quite a while, but have been hard at work trying to get more of my music completed-

Slow-walking - instrumental (original) by Casey- on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This is a song for a currently nameless solo project of mine, tell me what you think. The music comes from the heart, the mix has some flavor to it but could be better, and will be different on the next piece I write-

Thanks!

(Also let me know if the link doesn't work)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Is this complete?
I mean where's melody?
I only hear a bunch of glued power chords.
Where's voice or lead guitar melody?

Rotatous

Reaction score
Is this complete?
I mean where's melody?

Yes.
The melody is there, not sure why you're unable to hear it.
Listen more closely

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Love it! What did you use to record this? The guitar tone is fantastic - tube amp? Great mix - I think maybe the kick and snare could be 3dB louder but it's perfect otherwise.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Is this complete?
I mean where's melody?
:spock:

Sounds good. I would bring the drums up or bring the guitars down a bit. Let those drums come through some more! Needs more impact! The drums are very weak in comparison to the guitars. I like it, though. The tone.... :hbang:

Edika

Reaction score
Killer tone and I agree about the drums. The ideas are nice and develop well without getting boring even if it is obvious they need vocals for repeated listens. I'm guessing you are planning on doing so so no more comment on that. I would be interested to listen more of this :)!

Rotatous

Reaction score
Love it! What did you use to record this? The guitar tone is fantastic - tube amp? Great mix - I think maybe the kick and snare could be 3dB louder but it's perfect otherwise.

Thanks, appreciate it! Recorded with a 6505+ w/Marshall 412- leads are podxt

I can see what you mean about the kick and snare, next mix (different song) will be a bit different, maybe raise the drums a bit more, needs some fiddling with.... :0

Rotatous

Reaction score
^thanks for the feedback guys, I was going for a big, doom-death kind of sound. Noted about the drums in the mix, I'll be sure to change them up a bit next mix and bring them up

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Very cool!
I like it.
Agree with what has already been said by other: snare and kick could be quite a bit louder, they are now buried in the mix.

Rotatous

Reaction score
I may go for a different tone on my next recording- bumped for the hell of it hah