New Interface: Need recommendations

• Thread starter Dommak89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dommak89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new interface for my home setup. It doesn't need to be fancy. I have a reasonably strong computer for all kinds of tasks (Gaming, recording etc.) and am looking for an interface for recording guitars. These are the requirements:

Must
- USB
- Midi
- 4 Inputs, two of which need to be able to handle instruments
- 4 outputs
- own power source (don't want it to be powered by the bus)
Optional
- 2 headphone outputs
- USB C

I've tried the scarlet 3rd gen 4i4 and immediately had problems (eg input clipping resulted in disconnection of the interface which is why I'd like to have a separate power input).

It doesn't need to be new. In fact I would love to buy an "old workhorse" and save some money in the process or get better quality.

I'm looking to spend not more than € 400.

Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dommak89

Reaction score
These are some new ones I have my eyes on. They don't all fit all the criteria, but would be within the budget:

But again I'd be happy to also get some feedback on older used models that may meet my criteria.

Gringo

Reaction score
I've had one of these and it's worked just fine (still does) until i upgraded to something bigger:

not usb-c per se, but you should be able to adapt the standard usb to usb-c or maybe get a usb-c to printer style usb cable to replace the stock one.

col

blah.
Reaction score
I'm out of the interface game for a decade but this looks interesting. You even get 300 euros worth extra plugins for free from thomann for it.

Universal Audio Volt 476P​

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
100% agreed, was gonna suggest the same thing^^

your post essentially described the Volt to a t. 4 Input/outputs, 2 headphone jacks, midi, designated power, usb c, and ballpark of your price range.

I'm an apogee shill, but my old roommate had one of these and he loved it.

Nitro

Reaction score
I’ve got the Scarlett 18i8 and it covers all your requirements. I’ve been very happy with mine and had zero problems. Even have it connected through a USB switcher so I can swap between my Mac and PC.

')