New Interface suggestions.

• Thread starter palebluedot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Buyin a new interface next week.

Can't decide between a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 an M-audio 2626.
Thoughts? Other interfaces? Also planning on getting a pair of Equator D5 monitors. Help me out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
If you haven't invested in a DAW yet, imo it's tough beat the Presonus stuff.
I'm using a Presonus Firestudio Project which I got off of eBay for an amazing deal (included a faderport and 8 XLR cables!). You get the Artist edition of Studio One as well with the interface which you can than upgrade to the Producer or Professional edition at a discounted price!
Keith Merrow and Ola Englund use Presonus products :)
And, before the Ola or Keith hates beings... I'm using them as an example because they are very accessible musicians which we can most relate to.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Go with the Saffire, I use the Pro 24 and I love it. I use Reaper as well.

Both Ola and Keith are awesome, they get hate?

mindwalker

Reaction score
I bought a RME Babyfafe to have the lowest latency possible and audio quality. It was expensive but it's working well! I can play with Reaper and Vsts on my guitar at 128 samples so that's like 3-4 ms latency which you can't notice :)

Prime

Crazy Robot Guy
Reaction score
^True. The focusrite drivers are pretty solid. I have used them on Windows 7, XP and OSX without problems.

Frank_Domine

Reaction score
Few time ago I got a Saffire 6 and even today I'm satisfied with it. Working nice, low latency and cheap :) It's worthwhile in my opinion :)

')