New Intervals Playthrough (Alchemy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
He's quickly becoming one of my favorite guitar players. However, and this might sound douchey, I wish he'd write some music without djent.

It's just personal preference, but as soon as I start hearing duh-jent/duh-jent/duh-jent/booow, it turns me away. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I love his playing and I love the In Time EP. I understand he likes djent and as far as his music that he creates is concerned, that's all that matters. But, I'd just love to hear what he could do without djent. Maybe throw some blast beat sections with some of his flair over top in the mix, too. It's just that listening to Intervals' tracks is like watching an amazing movie with great actors, but has lots of obvious product placement advertising in it that takes from the feel. :lol: I don't know. That's the best way I could explain it.

I like the lead work in this track though. I love all the lead work and non-djent riffage he does. Such a beast.

Paul Reed Shred

Reaction score
He's quickly becoming one of my favorite guitar players. However, and this might sound douchey, I wish he'd write some music without djent.

It's just personal preference, but as soon as I start hearing duh-jent/duh-jent/duh-jent/booow, it turns me away. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I love his playing and I love the In Time EP. I understand he likes djent and as far as his music that he creates is concerned, that's all that matters. But, I'd just love to hear what he could do without djent. Maybe throw some blast beat sections with some of his flair over top in the mix, too. It's just that listening to Intervals' tracks is like watching an amazing movie with great actors, but has lots of obvious product placement advertising in it that takes from the feel. :lol: I don't know. That's the best way I could explain it.

I like the lead work in this track though. I love all the lead work and non-djent riffage he does. Such a beast.

I understand what you're saying and I would agree. I'm not really all that partial to it either. He's certainly got the chops to go above and beyond that formula, but what he does with it is without a doubt a cut or two above the rest.

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and I would agree. I'm not really all that partial to it either. He's certainly got the chops to go above and beyond that formula, but what he does with it is without a doubt a cut or two above the rest.

Hell yeah. Intervals is the only band that utilizes djent that I enjoy besides a tiny bit of Periphery here and there.

One of the things I really love about Intervals is that they're instrumental. I wish there was more instrumental bands.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score

totally agreee! i wish he would write more stuff like epiphany without the "djent" as well. he has some great melody and knows his guitar really well.

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
totally agreee! i wish he would write more stuff like epiphany without the "djent" as well. he has some great melody and knows his guitar really well.

Dude, Epiphany is that track, yo! The melodies are so bangin'.

I'll have to admit though, if I had to listen to straight djent riffs, I'd rather hear him playing them. :lol:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I love Intervals. I remember the day Aaron posted the video for 'Still Winning'. He and Josh Pelican were in talks of having Josh play bass for them, but he was moving for school, so it never happened.

Definitely the same place. I would have thought the same guitar, too, but Aaron's has seymours and this guy's has dimarzios. Eh, they could have swapped 'em, but not likely.

And the fact that Aaron is playing a 7 string? :lol:

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ

He may have been "brought up" on djent. It might just be what he knows.

The only genuine trigger to him changing up his music is his own taste... imagine if you wanted a tree to be a little bit bigger. "I wish this tree was bigger already..." Nah man. He made it this far and 9/10 musicians don't. Just stick along for the ride and see where it goes. If you really feel like he'd benefit from something you have to say, talk to him.

There's something serenely psychotic about this song. It's like happy clowns firing machine guns while playing hopscotch.

Latest posts