New Isis Album "Wavering Radiant"

• Thread starter tbird11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tbird11

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been posted.......

Isis are releasing a new album on the 5th May 2009. The album is titled 'Wavering Radiant' and features Tool guitarist Adam Jones on two tracks. I personally can't wait to hear it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been posted.......

Isis are releasing a new album on the 5th May 2009. The album is titled 'Wavering Radiant' and features Tool guitarist Adam Jones on two tracks. I personally can't wait to hear it!

That sounds awesome. I'm a fan and this is the first I've heard of it. I wonder if it's going to be anything like their last or not. I'm hoping for a little more done in the production area on this one.:yesway: Kind of like what Tool's Lateralus did for me.

Isis are amazing :bowdown: Groove is everything.

nespythe

Reaction score
Fuvcking +1. Oceanic was such a friggin' epic album. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Nick

Reaction score
indeed this sounds good oceanic and panopticon have been gettin a spin in my car of late. great news adam jones is involved!

tbird11

Reaction score
indeed this sounds good oceanic and panopticon have been gettin a spin in my car of late. great news adam jones is involved!

Yeah it is awesome that AJ is involved, i think that the colourful soundscapes that Isis churn out are tailor made for some Adam Jones guitar work (I'm thinking like the solo's in reflection, triad or rosetta stoned.) I'm really pumped to hear it.......

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Wait, am I the only one who thinks In The Absence Of Truth is better than the other two?

yes, you are. :D

i think they were great until panopticon - this had some good moments, but wasnt that great already. i could never get into in the absence of truth. celestial + sgnl>05 + oceanic = :wub:

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Bring back the mosquito control and celestial days! Don't get me wrong, oceanic, panopticon and absence of truth were all brilliant, but they've very much lost the raw sludge / drone element I love from mosquito control and celestial / SGNL>05 days.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Isis is one of my favourite bands, so this is quite exiting. I really liked their latest a lot too.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
"Celestial" is the best thing Isis have done and everything after that was an exercise in diminishing returns for me.

Old Man Glooms "Seminar III" pretty much eclipses everything Isis have done anyway.

Nick

Reaction score
lol i respectfully disagree.

i can listen to celestial for about 10 mins then get board.

panopticon and oceanic i can listen to back to back.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
lol i respectfully disagree.

i can listen to celestial for about 10 mins then get board.

panopticon and oceanic i can listen to back to back.

I listen to about 10 minutes of Oceanic and fall asleep. Seriously.

')