New Jackson 7's for 2013

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
For anyone who's waiting to hear back on their DKA: I just got the call from GearHounds that my DKA7 will be shipping out on Monday.

I believe they told me they had one more DKA7 in their warehouse, and that they had two more coming in October.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
my sentiments exactly. I mean, it's cool if they want to make some new headstocks or whatever, but please at least make SOME stuff with the old one.

Problem with the classic Jackson headstock is that it scales poorly with an increased number of strings.

jackson8.jpg

If you were to rest that on the ground standing up on the side of the body, the headstock is so long that it would actually rest on the tip.

Personally, I'm partial to the SLS headstock on Jacksons with more than 6 strings.

downburst82

Reaction score
I have a js22-7 on order for a cheap ($199 brand new!) modding platform :) still hasnt come in but went into the store today and they had gotten the js32-7 dinky's (natural quilted one $399) in. Tried one out and was very impressed! Very nicely built more or less flawless, great neck! even sounded "ok" with the stock pickups! Hopefully when they get my js22-7 it will be equally nice (then when I sparkle it and put in new pickups and tuners..it should be all kinds of awesome!)

--edit--

got a update today..apprerently the js22-7 is going to be 2 more months!!..kinda lame...there 2013 guitars might arrive just before 2014...

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
All I want is one of those cheaper 7s to have a floyd and I'd buy it in a heartbeat... or rather, whenever I have money... which is likely to be never now that I'm a grad student, haha...

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I am currently thinking about the JS32-7Q, the quilted maple and basswood one with the 26,5" scale length... How many have tried them and can tell me what the quality is like? How heavy is it? How does it sound unplugged? Does it feel or look cheap?

I am a bit concerned with the volume pot placement. I am the guy who always ends up accidentally turning the volume down on strats while playing because it's too close to the strings. I like the placement better on the JS22 one, but it looks really cheap in my opinion. Also, pure basswood? Nope! Not into it!

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
I am currently thinking about the JS32-7Q, the quilted maple and basswood one with the 26,5" scale length... How many have tried them and can tell me what the quality is like? How heavy is it? How does it sound unplugged? Does it feel or look cheap?

I am a bit concerned with the volume pot placement. I am the guy who always ends up accidentally turning the volume down on strats while playing because it's too close to the strings. I like the placement better on the JS22 one, but it looks really cheap in my opinion. Also, pure basswood? Nope! Not into it!

My best sounding guitar is basswood with a maple bolt on neck. Members on here have said good things about the JS guitars.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
My best sounding guitar is basswood with a maple bolt on neck. Members on here have said good things about the JS guitars.

Not knocking basswood, I love my RG, but it's not what I'm after. The JS32-Q7 has a basswood body, but with a quilted maple top, which is what intrigues me...

DeathPaupiette

Master-baiter.
Reaction score
I'm getting my DKA7 this month, and I can't wait, I ordered it from my local luthier/music store ! I'm hoping that the bad DKA7s that appeared on this forum are just lemons :/

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
Not knocking basswood, I love my RG, but it's not what I'm after. The JS32-Q7 has a basswood body, but with a quilted maple top, which is what intrigues me...

It will sound great. The maple top and arch top is built to balance out the warmth of the rosewood fretboard. The guitar won't sound too snappy but not too dark either. It'll be a very balanced instrument so if you get some pups that are as balanced and maybe concentrated in mids it'll sing. It's cheap enough to mess around with so it's well worth it imo. I'm thinking about getting it for these very reasons as a back up seven.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
It will sound great. The maple top and arch top is built to balance out the warmth of the rosewood fretboard. The guitar won't sound too snappy but not too dark either. It'll be a very balanced instrument so if you get some pups that are as balanced and maybe concentrated in mids it'll sing. It's cheap enough to mess around with so it's well worth it imo. I'm thinking about getting it for these very reasons as a back up seven.

I'm going to go for an RGD 7421 after careful consideration, and then I'll probably get that Jackson later because WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T I :p

downburst82

Reaction score

I could be wrong but I think its a maple top with a quilted veneer, thats what it looked like to me at least.

And Like I said in an earlier post they have a couple of the js32-7q at the music store right by me. I tried them out and they are nice guitars for $400. I found it quite light but it balanced nicely, the finish looked great and the fretwork/binding was nice and clean. The pickups sounded ok but obviously need to be replaced.

I only had 5-10 minutes with it but it seemed like a pretty solid guitar.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think its a maple top with a quilted veneer, thats what it looked like to me at least.

And Like I said in an earlier post they have a couple of the js32-7q at the music store right by me. I tried them out and they are nice guitars for $400. I found it quite light but it balanced nicely, the finish looked great and the fretwork/binding was nice and clean. The pickups sounded ok but obviously need to be replaced.

I only had 5-10 minutes with it but it seemed like a pretty solid guitar.

Looking at the bevels in the cutaway, it looks like a thick maple top actually. I might be wrong though.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the Chris broderick Pro series coming in, any shipments or anyone picked one up?

Latest posts

')