New Jackson 7's for 2013

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Where are the UK retailers? I'll get this with financing if it means getting one before they're all gone, but German shops only do it within Germany.

Maybe they'll be bringing out the same kinda stuff but without killswitches tomorrow at namm or something?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I saw the specs were linked above, but I'll post them for the lazy. :lol:

broderick.png

Chris Broderick Pro Series Soloist™ 6 and 7

When Chris Broderick joined a revitalized Megadeth in 2008, fans were awestruck by his chops. Jackson now honors this metal stalwart with the Chris Broderick Pro Series Soloist, in six-string and seven-string models.
Both models boast an arch-top mahogany body and through-body maple neck, 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets, 25.5” scale length, stylish fingerboard and headstock binding, direct-mount DiMarzio® Chris Broderick signature pickups, Floyd Rose® Special tremolo (Special seven-string tremolo on seven-string model), Jackson die-cast tuners and Dunlop® locking strap buttons. Available in Satin Black and Snow White.
beaulieu.png

Corey Beaulieu USA Signature KV6 and KV7

Trivium’s Corey Beaulieu is a true virtuoso and needs a guitar to keep up with his blindingly fast hands. That’s why Jackson is excited to honor him and Trivium fans alike with the Corey Beaulieu USA Signature KV, in six-string and seven-string models.
Both models feature an alder body (AAA flame top on trans finish model), bound through-body quartersawn maple neck, compound-radius, ebony fingerboard with old-school sharkfin inlays, covered Seymour Duncan® Blackout pickups with three-way toggle switching, single volume control, original Floyd Rose tremolo (seven-string tremolo on seven-string model), and Jackson tuners. Available in Gloss Black, Transparent Black and Transparent Red. Includes case.
dka_dinky.png

Pro DKA Dinky™ 7 and 8

The limited edition Pro DKA Dinky, available in seven-string and eight-string models, features an arch-top alder body, bolt-on maple neck (flat-sawn) with graphite reinforcement, 16”-radius maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and offset position markers (12th-fret shark fin inlay on eight-string model), stylish fingerboard and headstock binding, 26.5” scale length, dual direct-mount DiMarzio D Activator 7™ pickups (8™in eight-string model) with five-way switching, single volume and tone controls, momentary kill switch (for stutter effects), recessed Jackson HT-7 seven-string hard-tail string-through bridge (HT-8 in eight-string model), Planet Waves® locking tuners and Dunlop locking strap pins. Pro DKA7 available in Satin White; Pro DKA8 available in Metallic Black.

usa_select.png

USA Select B7MG, USA Select B7MG Deluxe, USA Select B8MG, and USA Select B8MG Deluxe

The seven-string B7MG features a beveled alder body, bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement and oil finish, compound-radius ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and side-dot position markers, 27” scale length, direct-mount EMG® 707 (neck) and 81-7 (bridge) pickups, Jackson direct-mount HT-7 hard-tail string-through bridge, Jackson-branded Gotoh® tuners and Dunlop locking strap pins. The USA Select B7MG Deluxe offers the same specifications as the B7MG, but with a 1-piece neck-thru-body quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint. Both models available in Walnut Stain, Au Natural, Satin Black, and Satin Grey. Models include case.
The eight-string USA Select B8MG features a beveled alder body, bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement, compound-radius ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and side-dot position markers, 27” scale length, direct-mount EMG® 808 pickups, Jackson direct-mount HT-8 hard-tail string-through bridge, Jackson-branded Gotoh tuners and Dunlop locking strap pins. The USA Select B8MG Deluxe offers the same specifications as the B8MG, but with a 1-piece neck-thru-body quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint. Both models available in Walnut Stain, Au Natural, Satin Black, and Satin Grey. Models include case.

js_series.png
JS22-7 DKA Dinky, JS32-7Q Dinky, JS32-8Q Dinky, JS3QM Concert™ Bass, and JS3VQM Concert Bass

The JS22-7 DKA Dinky JS Series seven-string features an arch-top basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, 16”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and “piranha” inlays, 26.5” scale length, dual high-output Jackson humbucking pickups, single volume and tone controls, direct-mount hard-tail bridge, and die-cast tuners. Available in Satin Black.
The JS32-7Q Dinky JS Series seven-string, also available with eight strings as the JS32-8Q Dinky, features an arch-top basswood body with a dazzling quilt maple top, bolt-on maple neck, 16”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and piranha inlays, 26.5” scale length, stylish fingerboard and headstock binding, dual high-output Jackson seven-string humbucking pickups (eight-string on JS32-8Q Dinky), single volume and tone controls, direct-mount Jackson HT-7 (HT-8 on JS32-8Q Dinky) hard-tail bridge, and die-cast tuners. JS32-7Q Dinky available in Natural; JS32-8Q Dinky available in Transparent Red.
The four-string JS3QM Concert Bass and JS3VQM Concert Bass feature a basswood body with a quilt maple top, super-stable bolt-on maple neck with 24-fret compound-radius rosewood fingerboard, stylish fingerboard and headstock binding, 34” scale length (35” on the JS3VQM), dual high-output Jackson pickups, two volume controls and three-band active EQ (mid/low/high), high-mass four-string Jackson bridge (five-string on the JS3VQM), and die-cast mini tuners. JS3QM available in Transparent Red and Transparent Blue; JS3VQM available in Transparent Amber and Transparent Black.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I think they just want to test the waters with it the DK7 and DK8. If they do well, they might make them a full time production model.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
They really need to. The limited edition will most likely all be gone by the time I can afford one.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
the DKA7 has impressed me more than any of the ibanez 7s this year! I think I might snag one when Thomann gets them in stock...

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Had ordered an SLSXMG in Snow White but cancelled order when nothing materialised after months. Was mulling over a SLAT 7 but still in two minds (really wanted a SW variant). Now a Pro series Broderick with pretty much all the features I want at a reasonable price point. Sold.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
So the Broderick still has 12" radius, the Beaulieau has wonky inlays, and the rest have awful headstocks... :lol:

They got it right with the SLATX-7s. Yeah, they have EMGs but now that Duncan and BKP are coming out with EMG-sized passives that is no longer a dealbreaker.

The DKA7 looks great, though. If it sell fast they will probably make it a standard model.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
So the Broderick still has 12" radius, the Beaulieau has wonky inlays, and the rest have awful headstocks... :lol:

They got it right with the SLATX-7s. Yeah, they have EMGs but now that Duncan and BKP are coming out with EMG-sized passives that is no longer a dealbreaker.

The DKA7 looks great, though. If it sell fast they will probably make it a standard model.

Maybe some people like the headstocks. (like me)

I hate in-line headstocks

sell2792

Reaction score
I really like the headstock on the 7's and 8's. Gotta have the regular one on the 6's.

Reaction score
The headstocks have grown on me a lot. I want to see what the heel looks like but nothing from namm is online yet.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
I emailed Thomann and they told me that the DKA7 will not be available until June

cronux

Reaction score
from what i've seen only the KV7 seems nice but it will definitely be pricey (IMO) and the JS series 8 string seems also ok but the DKA 7 & 8 series look like they've came out of a LEGO factory with that RED FASEL INDUCTOR button, maple necks and really ridiculous inlays...

oh and then this

6469097.jpg

everything looks great and then i spot THE.DAMN.VOLUME.POT. is in the same position as it is on the COW7

oh jackson, I am dissapoint :noplease:

BUT, a lot of you seem pleased so they did something right :)

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Floyd Rose special on the Broderick Pros? No thank you.

I've used floyd specials. The only weak links in the trem are the saddles and the bar (a bit floppy). Both of which are cheap replacements. The base plate is still hardened steel.

sell2792

Reaction score
I've used floyd specials. The only weak links in the trem are the saddles and the bar (a bit floppy). Both of which are cheap replacements. The base plate is still hardened steel.

No ebony :(

Do they use FR Specials or the better ones on the SL2's?

bcfox

Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed briefly at some point in history, but it's a rather small, obscure question that I'm not finding anything about in search. What is the deal with the Broderick pick-ups? Are they tweaked DActivators or something totally different? I'm just trying to get a feel for what sets them apart.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Talked with musicstore, they told me the dka7 will be available in February, so i preordered it!

I just did the same thing with Sweetwater. Depending on how limited the run is, these might be gone before NAMM is over. I know a few people who've done the same thing. :evil:

sell2792

Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed briefly at some point in history, but it's a rather small, obscure question that I'm not finding anything about in search. What is the deal with the Broderick pick-ups? Are they tweaked DActivators or something totally different? I'm just trying to get a feel for what sets them apart.

I've read that they're re-eq'd DA's, but other than that I haven't found any info. Hopefully we'll know more after NAMM, and perhaps they'll release them. Shit, they're releasing them for everyone else.

')