New Jackson 7's for 2013

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
Well I've ordered one now anyway. Do you know if they come with a hardcase? Finding a case to fit 26.5" scales is a pain!

I'm not sure, but I hope so! I'm gonna message them and ask them about the date on their site and if it comes with a case or not.

If it doesn't come with a case I hope it fits in my ibanez case. It fits my 26.5 scale rgd anyways.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dirtool

Reaction score
the Jackson Broderick Pro Soloist 7 is great~
but can't stand the scarf joint

axemanrio

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I hope so! I'm gonna message them and ask them about the date on their site and if it comes with a case or not.

If it doesn't come with a case I hope it fits in my ibanez case. It fits my 26.5 scale rgd anyways.
Doesn't come with a hard or soft case but Jackson said close to these guitars being available (May), they may release optional hard cases too.

Alex6534

Reaction score
I seriously want to try out the DKA7, specs look great and from the look of the neck it seems pretty thin, seriously considering this instead of my 7621 :lol:

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
Doesn't come with a hard or soft case but Jackson said close to these guitars being available (May), they may release optional hard cases too.

Andertons called me today and said if they somehow do come in on feb 9th I'll get one the day after they get it, but they said it'll probably come in in april.
Not sure where they've gotten feb 9th from...
and shame about the lack of free case.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
The scarf joint is why I hate most Jackson's

I've heard this a bunch of times from people and I really do not understand. Sure, in theory it isn't quite as strong as having a volute back there but if you don't whack your headstock against stuff I don't see the problem. We all have our preferences though.

Andertons called me today and said if they somehow do come in on feb 9th I'll get one the day after they get it, but they said it'll probably come in in april.
Not sure where they've gotten feb 9th from...
and shame about the lack of free case.

I'd be very surprised if these show up on time. I love Jacksons but they are NEVER good about getting new models out in a timely manner. The free cases seem to be only coming with USA Selects these days :(

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard this a bunch of times from people and I really do not understand.

I also hate the look of the scarf joint - just the look of it. I know the glue used today is uber strong and the reversing of the grain for strength and all that or whatever. But just seeing that crescent shaped line up the back of the neck under the headstock starting area is a turn off.

Of course, it would never prevent me from getting a guitar I liked, but if there were similar options without the scarf joint, such as 3+ piece neck or painted neck I prefer those. Yes, I would prefer a painted gloss neck over a natural finish scarf joint neck :)

Rev.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I dont know if it was the setups or just the fact that they have the Jackson touch but when I held these at NAMM I must admit that they were amongst the nicest $1000 range 7s Ive held in a while. Nicer than premium or ltd IMO

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I dont know if it was the setups or just the fact that they have the Jackson touch but when I held these at NAMM I must admit that they were amongst the nicest $1000 range 7s Ive held in a while. Nicer than premium or ltd IMO

Have you played a COW7? How'd they compare?

javydlf

Reaction score
I just ordered my DKA7, guy at Fender said there was very few left for order, only 100 being made total :hbang: :hbang:

US retail was $949! not baaaad

This will be my first seven. I am pumped. :cool:

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I just ordered my DKA7, guy at Fender said there was very few left for order, only 100 being made total :hbang: :hbang:

US retail was $949! not baaaad

This will be my first seven. I am pumped. :cool:

$949? You definitely overpaid man. I was quoted $849 as MAP. I even talked my retailer down below that.

javydlf

Reaction score
$949? You definitely overpaid man. I was quoted $849 as MAP. I even talked my retailer down below that.

yeah probably. I couldn't get a small retailer to give me the time of day and I didn't want it to pass me by, so I ended up having to deal with freakin Guitar Center.

List was $1399, cost around $475.

I am not one to haggle on a special order item, that's when they usually say F off. :realmad:

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
yeah probably. I couldn't get a small retailer to give me the time of day and I didn't want it to pass me by, so I ended up having to deal with freakin Guitar Center.

List was $1399, cost around $475.

I am not one to haggle on a special order item, that's when they usually say F off. :realmad:

Screw that man. This is why I deal with Sweetwater. They are ALWAYS good to me. I believe Guitar Center will still do price matching afterwards. You should do what you gotta do and have them refund the difference. Seriously.

mniel8195

Reaction score
how heavy do these come in at? i have picked up some charvel pro mods lately that weigh a ton

')