New Jackson Corey Beaulieu X-Series KV 7 String

• Thread starter Skullet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks to have decent specs. That rosewood looks awful though, I get it's a stock photo but that really does look bad :ugh:

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
Honestly, I wish he stuck with his first prototype model. The cutouts were nicer (a sharper version of his Dean) and the finish is still my favorite to this day.
37246_405655836726_5971819_n.jpg

crushingattack

Reaction score
Not surprised by the specs as it is generally the same X series with different design - I agree though, that this particular rosewood looks awful. I don't expect it to have ebony but darker rosewood wouldn't hurt.

Desolate1

Reaction score
Ew, it's using the fatty headstock. :ugh:

And the undersized sharkies:nuts: In my opinion this thing is pure fail! Also the input jack style and placement is just stupid. Instead of using a strat style jack on the upper wing like they have successfully done for years they put a standard jack in-between the small fins basically forcing you to use a right angle cable and even with that your cable comes out at a weird angle:wallbash: I also do not know why they did not dye the fretboard like they have on the rest of their recent X-Series guitars. It is almost like Jackson said let's take every complaint we have received about their seven string guitars and combined them all into one instrument.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
And the undersized sharkies:nuts: In my opinion this thing is pure fail! Also the input jack style and placement is just stupid. Instead of using a strat style jack on the upper wing like they have successfully done for years they put a standard jack in-between the small fins basically forcing you to use a right angle cable and even with that your cable comes out at a weird angle:wallbash:

Well those last 2 problems are actually on the USA model. :lol:

I would have been okay with the guitar, but I hate the import fatty headstock, compared to the sleeker USA one.

Jackson%20USA%20Corey%20Beaulieu%20Signature%20King%20V%207-string.jpg

But now that I'm looking at it more, it just looks really cheap overall. I'm sure the dry-as-hell rosewood board doesn't help.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Why did I have to see this thread? I have a real problem with V's... which I thought had been cured with the Schecter JLV7 I acquired a couple of years back.
I don't know what it is but, oddities like that oversize headstock really get to me man. I think that looks sexy as hell! Thought the badly placed design accents would turn me away but, hells no, after sinking in I like them all the more for their seeming incongruity. Fuuu*k, I have a real problem! And I don't even like trivium either.

haffner1

Reaction score
$899 USD? For that price at those specs I'm much better off with my Jr.V 7. Especially considering the build quality I've seen on most of the x series.

Latest posts

')