New jackson guitars website

• Thread starter Duraesu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, pardon me for being a dumbass and not being able to fugure it out myself, but the feeling is that the 23 fret X series Rhoads is going to be built in Japan and is going to be selling for about the same price as that a DK2M was?

If that's teh case, pretty much every guitar I was considering buying is probably on hold until these things reach Europe and I get my mits on one.

I'm hearing they're actually Chinese, unfortunately, though I don't have confirmation of that. If they're made in the same plant Fender uses in China, though, they might be pretty good. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I'll see what else I can find out.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hearing they're actually Chinese, unfortunately, though I don't have confirmation of that. If they're made in the same plant Fender uses in China, though, they might be pretty good. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I'll see what else I can find out.

Hmmmmm, not great news I'm afraid, but thanks.

And I just spotted the umber of horrendous typing errors contained in my post - eek!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Why is it so bad that they're built in China? The way build quality is coming on, does it really matter where anything is built? There are loads of really nice Chinese guitars, just as there are loads of shitty American ones.

Inazone

Reaction score
I guess that until I see something definite, I would go on the assumption that these are made in India as has been the norm for the lower-priced Jackson imports.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Why is it so bad that they're built in China? The way build quality is coming on, does it really matter where anything is built? There are loads of really nice Chinese guitars, just as there are loads of shitty American ones.

I think it is more disappointment they are not made in the same facility as the Japanese Pro Series Jacksons. USA and Japanese Jacksons have had a very good rep over the years, while the India ones are kinda "meh". The Japanese Jackson/Charvel plant is a great factory and they have been stepping up their ball lately in terms of QC, it would be great to see these guitars built by them.

Plus I rather have my guitars built where the Country of Origin of the company is. I.E. Jacksons in USA (Japan too since they have such a good rep.) Japanese Ibanez, Japanese ESP, ect. Mainly for the QC and components. Granted there are some good Chinese guitars out there like the new Rasmus like by Suhr.

I think if Jackson also released some USA Select models similar to these one with Alder bodies and upgraded hardware the heat would be taken off of them, since the USA Jacksons are just flat out kickass.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I have also been looking at the JCF and the new Jackson forum on the website and it appears that the Chris Broderick is not a limited run like some people thought but is now a full one USA Production artist model like the PC1 and the Adrian Smith.

If you look on the site as well the only guitar under Custom Shop Limited Run are the Dave Ellesfon USA models, while the Broderick is listed as only an artist model. Plus in the interviews he takes about different levels of production and I think he wants this to be a full on production model too, as well as a Higher and lower end pro series models.

For me, this is great news. Looks like a couple (or 10) USA Brodericks for me in the future!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'll probably get neg-raped for this, but am I the only one who thinks the Chris Broderick shape isn't too hot? Also, trans white... :ugh:

"IT'S NOT NORMAL!"

almurray_341218t.jpg

troyguitar

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the shape or the trans white, but I like it more than plain black or trans black. Really I'd rather just see an SL2H-7 with all of the regular USA select finishes available but it seems like that's never going to happen so I might buy the Broderick.

serazac25

Reaction score
24 fret H-H roads?! yes please, but use those specs for higher end jacksons -_- I mean, come on, and more finishes, haha. Broderick's sig looks nice, for a reason i didn't like that much the trans-red, but the trans-white and trans-black look pretty awesome, and freaking A list specs on the Broderick model as well

haffner1

Reaction score
A simple KVXMG-7 is all I want :( On the plus side I think it is a good thing for guitarists overall that a lot of manufacturers are going with Floyd specials on the the lower mid priced stuff instead of the old standard LFRs. For guys like me who like to go cheap and then upgrade, it is great because the OFRs are a direct replacement, which is especially an issue on the seven strings.

troyguitar

Reaction score
On the plus side I think it is a good thing for guitarists overall that a lot of manufacturers are going with Floyd specials on the the lower mid priced stuff instead of the old standard LFRs. For guys like me who like to go cheap and then upgrade, it is great because the OFRs are a direct replacement, which is especially an issue on the seven strings.

Yeah the Specials are a really good idea - standardization of routing and string spacing is VERY helpful. Supposedly they are decent trems too.

Reaction score
I dig the new models. Very glad they have a variety of different finishes!

And this is awesome. Love burnt cherry sunburst!
2916220515_frt_wmd_001.png

RCB

Reaction score
Jackson finally stepped it up a notch, eh? Those X series guitars are awesome. I might actually have to pick up another Jackson in the future.

Weren't they teasing a Corey Beulieu sig model a while back? I'm not a fan (I respect him though...), but his KV7 is just begging to be made in a sig model.

Also...I'm surprised to see that COW is still on the artist roster. I thought he didn't have any Jacksons anymore. If he is still on with them, then that's cool. :yesway:

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score

I think it is more disappointment they are not made in the same facility as the Japanese Pro Series Jacksons. USA and Japanese Jacksons have had a very good rep over the years, while the India ones are kinda "meh". The Japanese Jackson/Charvel plant is a great factory and they have been stepping up their ball lately in terms of QC, it would be great to see these guitars built by them.

What Church said really. It's not that the China built guitars are automatically assumed to be crap, I'm sure they'll be fine, I'd just rather have a Japanese Jackson because I *know* it's going to be worth what I pay for it.

I'll skip the whole political aspect.

')