New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys - let's keep the thread on topic ;)

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Which is why they have rings, conversion rings, pickup covers, passive soapbars, etc. It's 1999 anymore, there are now tons of options to replace EMGs quickly and easily without leaving the awkward routes in the open.

OK, fair enough. :shrug:

It's just that my abiding memory of seeing EMG-loaded guitars getting pickup swaps is seeing the big active cavities with small pickups in them.

Anyway, yes, back on topic; those Jacksons are really, really nice-looking. Will almost certainly be buying a green SLXT as my next guitar, these X series models are very good across the board (some little QC issues, but that's a small price to pay for £400 neck-thru Jacksons IMO).

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes EMG around here?

I don't think so.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah, lots of us like to bitch about EMG's OEM presence, though. :lol:

Jacobine

Reaction score
it looks tasty. same complaints as everyone else but also hasn't been jackson a little behind the curve with more extended range guitars and its STILL sketchy. wtf? and i miss the sig sharktooth inlay.... reminds me of better times

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
Not a fan of FRs, but they play pretty nice. Would've preferred a matching headstock, but meh. From what I gather, there'll be the X series, and then they'll do a USA run which will have ebony fretboards, not sure what other frills. Also a possibility that they'll do their extreme shapes as sevens as well, depending on how these sell.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Prepare to be completely blown away by what EMG has planned for winter NAMM. Your not gonna believe your eyes and ears :eek:

Passive sized 7-string Het Set pups would make a certain someone I know very, very happy.

And me too, for that matter :lol:

s4tch

Reaction score
++ headstock
++ body shape
++ playing comfort on all Jackson necks in the last 1.000.000 years, so this might be all right, too

- EMG routing
- trem on the red one

I just hope it would not cost more than €1000 in Europe.

s4tch

Reaction score
^Yes, that's my guess, too. I just think that the red one, which I'd pick from the whole bunch, would be better with a hardtail. BTW, I don't get why Jackson is sticking with those TOM-style bridges on their hardtails. I'd prefer a basic string-thru bridge with more room for the saddles.

otisct20

Reaction score
Only downside is the 707 as a bridge pup (not my favorite but i can deal with it) sounds like it'll be amazing!

troyguitar

Reaction score
SLATXMGQ3-7

Next model: SLAUTIUERBHUDNSAYUBASXBBFUY-7

Decent for Schecter competition, but I will be sticking to my SLAT3-7 until the true SL2H-7 comes.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Floyd Rose Special? Ugh.

I was just talking to a friend the other day about Jackson. What happened to all their high-end imports? You either have to settle for inferior hardware (X Series), or get the ludicrously overpriced USA stuff. Nothing in between, like the old Series One line.

Latest posts

')