New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Floyd Rose Special? Ugh.

I was just talking to a friend the other day about Jackson. What happened to all their high-end imports? You either have to settle for inferior hardware (X Series), or get the ludicrously overpriced USA stuff. Nothing in between, like the old Series One line.

The Japanese factory was closed this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The slat3-7 would have sold more if they reversed the inline7 headstock. I would buy 3 of them myself.

Oh, c'mon, really? The lack of a reverse headstock kept you from buying three of the same guitar?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The slat3-7 would have sold more if they reversed the inline7 headstock. I would buy 3 of them myself.
:rolleyes:

Looks like Jackson will miss your 3 purchases....

EDIT: Looks like I'm kinda late :lol:

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Welp in that case I'm in! I could've sworn it said 707 bridge and neck pickups though?
Description says so, but the specs list 81-7. Either one could be wrong.

I hope the Desc. is wrong, I know I wasn't too fond of the 707 in the bridge of my ESP Viper 7.

If these are priced similar to the current X series I may have to see about placing an order.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I need another guitar on my GAS list like I need a bullet to the ass :squint:

This would be cool, wondering if the new lopro floyds would drop in. Probably not, but a guy can dream :lol:

I Voyager

Reaction score
I won't get excited until I see the price, but considering how reasonably priced the current X series lineup is, I don't think it will be too bad. The only thing I would change about the 7s would be the headstocks. Either have a revered SLS headstock or a normal/reversed in-line (like a real Jackson should have :D).

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really do not understand the reversing of the SLS 'stock being a big deal. It looks cool both ways. :shrug:

The inline 7 is more problematic. ;)

I Voyager

Reaction score
I really do not understand the reversing of the SLS 'stock being a big deal. It looks cool both ways. :shrug:

The inline 7 is more problematic. ;)

I personally despise the look of a normal SLS headstock.

Reaction score
I hope they tell us soon, when these are going to be released. That hardtail silverburst is nice!

Zerox8610

Reaction score
I hope they're at about 6 or 7 hundred even though they'll more likely be 8 or 9 hundred.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I need another guitar on my GAS list like I need a bullet to the ass :squint:

This would be cool, wondering if the new lopro floyds would drop in. Probably not, but a guy can dream :lol:

Low-profile floyds (6 and 7) require a different route. The specials are dimensionally identical to OFRs so one of them would be a drop in replacement. My experience with the special has been that it is better than most licensed varieties, not all, but most. It's decent.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
If these were 25.5" I would definitely buy one. I'm not so sure about buying a baritone scale when I've never played a 7 before. Also, a lot of stuff I'd be playing would be Dream Theater covers in standard tuning... I think I'd be better suited to an Ibby RG7 as much as I love my Jacksons.

Heroin

I am wombat
Reaction score
damn these are so appealing, does anybody have a word on how the EMGs sound in basswood?

noob_pwn

Reaction score
can't believe people are whinging about this guitar.
Sucks there is only an EMG option but they are offering a competitively priced, neck-through 26.5" scale 7 string in fixed/floyd options.
Seems pretty damn good to me!

')