New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
can't believe people are whinging about this guitar.
Sucks there is only an EMG option but they are offering a competitively priced, neck-through 26.5" scale 7 string in fixed/floyd options.
Seems pretty damn good to me!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Jackson is getting into this market a little bit more. It's great for them as a company, especially due to the issues in Japan over the past year or two causing them to discontinue the MIJ models (natural disasters, nuclear meltdowns, disappearing profit). The X series reboot is exactly what they needed.

Lots of players have preferences and won't buy guitars that don't suit them, that's all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
damn these are so appealing, does anybody have a word on how the EMGs sound in basswood?

Like EMG's. :fawk:

Joking aside, I usually see EMGs in basswood, and never seen anyone complain about it... Besides people who hate EMGs. :lol:

I just know if I knew how to use a router, I'd fit a pair of 707X's in my RG7. :D

But damn, ANOTHER guitar to check out... The RG7620, BUZ-7, BS-7, COW 7, and this one. :(

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally despise the look of a normal SLS headstock.

The point going in the other direction makes you "despise" it? Really? Guess you'll have to buy a Broderick, then.

:shrug: People here really get WAY too hung up on the details of a $600 guitar. :lol:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I won't be buying this guitar.. I told myself that my next sub $800 guitar would have SS frets, abalone inlays, OFR7 made in Germany and BKPs...

Get with the program Jackson...

:lol:

troyguitar

Reaction score
The point going in the other direction makes you "despise" it? Really? Guess you'll have to buy a Broderick, then.

:shrug: People here really get WAY too hung up on the details of a $600 guitar. :lol:

I would bet you $600 that this guitar will not sell for $600 :fawk:

I Voyager

Reaction score

I just don't like it. Why the fuck do you care? :lol:

jl-austin

Reaction score
Any word on when a person can order these?

Any word on which models (from the picture of them on the wall) will be available?

My one complaint, is Jackson pretty much leaves people in the dark (especially on their website) on which models are available. Although, I have to admit their website seems fairly current as of now.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would bet you $600 that this guitar will not sell for $600 :fawk:

Street? With the street prices on even the "premium" X-Series guitars all being under $700? The *most* expensive might get to $699 MAP. Otherwise, they won't reach the goal of undercutting Schecter and LTD.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any word on when a person can order these?

Any word on which models (from the picture of them on the wall) will be available?

My one complaint, is Jackson pretty much leaves people in the dark (especially on their website) on which models are available. Although, I have to admit their website seems fairly current as of now.

My suspicion is we'll see a video about these right before Summer NAMM, so in a couple of weeks.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Street? With the street prices on even the "premium" X-Series guitars all being under $700? The *most* expensive might get to $699 MAP. Otherwise, they won't reach the goal of undercutting Schecter and LTD.

The 6-string models with EMG's are 600 and 650, I'm assuming the 7's will start at 700 or so for the solid color TOM models. I guess it's possible that they will price them the same as the 6-string stuff, but I doubt it. The Schecter C7 Hellraiser that they are competing against starts at 850.

a curry

Reaction score
how have i just now seen this! im considering a esp custom shop and now i just stumbled on this! fuck i dont know what to do, because there may just be a see through red with a baritone neck, thats exactly what i want!

I Voyager

Reaction score
Honestly, because I'm sick of people finding a way to bitch about Jackson headstocks. :lol:

Understandable. :lol:

But really, I just can't dig it. The way it points down just doesn't sit right with me. It's the same reason I never really like ESP's cockstock. It's just more appealing to me when it curves upward.

Still would rather have inline headstocks, though. Way more methul.

cronux

Reaction score
this new "something" from Jackson is... meh :squint:

still waiting for

7 string RR
7 string kelly
7 string V
COW reissue (yeah, i know Wolbers isn't with them anymore, just saying :D )
COW king V reissue
8 string dinky
8 string soloist
reasonable prices
etc

i mean, there is so much they could do and this is all we got?
maybe one day Jackson will come to it's senses, but that day... is far away :lol:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quite honestly, Jackson hasn't seen anything to make them think any of the 7s you mentioned would sell. There was going to be a KV7 for the Trivium dude (who's name escapes me at the moment), but even that seems to have been dropped.

There's zero reason from their perspective to do a COW re-issue - they fixed everyone's complaints with the guitar (the SLAT3-7) and no one bought it.

The only one I think *might* sell is the RR7. There will be an 8 string in this line, with the same shape as the 7s, I believe, but otherwise I wouldn't be holding your breath - certainly not for the Kelly, since it and the Warrior sell the least of any of their production shapes.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
this new "something" from Jackson is... meh :squint:

still waiting for

7 string RR
7 string kelly
7 string V
COW reissue (yeah, i know Wolbers isn't with them anymore, just saying :D )
COW king V reissue
8 string dinky
8 string soloist
reasonable prices
etc

i mean, there is so much they could do and this is all we got?
maybe one day Jackson will come to it's senses, but that day... is far away :lol:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say your expectations are beyond unreasonable. Jackson gives us a baritone 7 string, with a lot of finish options from the looks of it, and you're going to complain about it? Do you really think a 7 string any of those is on their list of priorities? The 8 strings are coming, and their prices are a helluva lot more reasonable than others I'd say.

:noplease:

')