New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
Quite honestly, Jackson hasn't seen anything to make them think any of the 7s you mentioned would sell.

Touche.

Personally (and this isn't a shot at anyone) I find a lot of people think companies should manufacture what they want, as opposed to what will sell.

At the end of the day, Jackson is in this for one thing - Money.

They likely do not give a fuck what you want - Rather, what the community as a whole wants.

Hence the separation of custom vs production.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
People need to keep in perspective here. This is the SS.ORG forum. Chances are, people here like seven string guitars. Chances are, if you asked one-hundred guitarists, two would agree. We occupy a stunning minority compared to the monster that is the six string market. It's amazing Jackson would even make an eight string, which you'd probably have to ask five-hundred guitarists to find one that would want one.

Count your blessings people. This is cool that Jackson would offer this, regardless if it isn't exactly what a few people wanted.

7STRINGWARRIOR

jacksons4thewin
Reaction score
People need to keep in perspective here. This is the SS.ORG forum. Chances are, people here like seven string guitars. Chances are, if you asked one-hundred guitarists, two would agree. We occupy a stunning minority compared to the monster that is the six string market. It's amazing Jackson would even make an eight string, which you'd probably have to ask five-hundred guitarists to find one that would want one.

Count your blessings people. This is cool that Jackson would offer this, regardless if it isn't exactly what a few people wanted.

I agree, this isn't something that I'm super excited about, but I see it as a great business decision on Jackson's part. For the price, this will hunt down and buttrape the agiles, schecters, esps ect. It will be a modern day "cheap go to 7" like the 7620/7420s were before 7 string players developed interest in the tighter low-end tone with more clarity. We'll be able to snag them up used in a few years for $350 and they'll whoop the werewolf's ass.
:agreed:

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score

You make me feel special saying I'm .5 of one in a million ;)

jl-austin

Reaction score
I agree, this isn't something that I'm super excited about, but I see it as a great business decision on Jackson's part. For the price, this will hunt down and buttrape the agiles, schecters, esps ect. It will be a modern day "cheap go to 7" like the 7620/7420s were before 7 string players developed interest in the tighter low-end tone with more clarity. We'll be able to snag them up used in a few years for $350 and they'll whoop the werewolf's ass.
:agreed:

This is Jackson's reply to the LTD MH-417 (and the other LTD models like it), in my opinion.

otisct20

Reaction score
I actually have a friend who has an RR7, plays very well. Im still very interested in both these and the 8 strings. Might make it to NAMM public day and see if they have these out.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't they do one already that didn't last long at all?

Judging by that... :lol:

Yeah, that's not helping, though they recognize that the execution was pretty rotten on their first 7 string go-round. If these sell we *might* see some of the other shapes, I think.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Just noticed the white one is a 6 string. I might go for that and replace my SLSXMG with it. It seems like the build quality on these will be slightly better. Not that it's a bad guitar, but it did have a few blemishes and it feels like the neck is ever so slightly too narrow.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Although, the binding choices on the X series have me :scratch:. My white SLSXMG has white body binding. These have rosewood fretboards and black headstocks with black neck and headstock binding...

Not a deal breaker though.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I'm just going to leave a photo of this Jackson 7 string hardtail prototype here....

620d47aec2ef11e1ba8122000a1d0135_7.jpg

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Still no word on a release date? That's pretty typical but I'm kind of anxious.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still no word on a release date? That's pretty typical but I'm kind of anxious.

I emailed Jackson, and they replied and said they didn't have a release date at this time.

I think Mike is right, trying to get these to Summer NAMM, probably ship around the holidays.

I think Jackson learned their lesson when it comes to giving release dates due to the CB7 debacle.

jllozano

Reaction score
Will there be a baritone 6 string version? i still have my dk27 from 2003 and its one of my favorite guitars!

Heroin

I am wombat
Reaction score
okay that's it, I'm totally sold on that silverburst fixed already. judging from my jackson kelly six the neck should feel great. :shred:

')