New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

damico529

Reaction score
You guys singing the basswood song snd dance need to remember that on neck thru guitars the neck wood dominates the tone so don't worry about the basswood wings.

Ahh your right, i wasnt considering it was neck thru. My above statement stands when it comes to bolt on's though. Lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a curry

Reaction score
these dont look bad! and ive played a lot of jacksons and i cant say ive ever played one i hated. but my only concern is where are these going to be made? i hope they arent going to jump on the "made in china" bandwagon to save money, like esp did with ltd. i just cant justify supporting any musical equipment made in china!

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
these dont look bad! and ive played a lot of jacksons and i cant say ive ever played one i hated. but my only concern is where are these going to be made? i hope they arent going to jump on the "made in china" bandwagon to save money, like esp did with ltd. i just cant justify supporting any musical equipment made in china!

Same place the other X series guitars are made, India.

v :ninja:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's probably India like the rest of the current X-Series.

a curry

Reaction score
uhm wow, i really dont know what to say..... for some reason that almost sounds worse than china... thats actually the first time ive ever heard of anything like that being made in india.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
uhm wow, i really dont know what to say..... for some reason that almost sounds worse than china... thats actually the first time ive ever heard of anything like that being made in india.

Given the pretty awesome reviews so far, I'm not inclined to give much of a fuck where its made as long as it plays good. :yesway:

Besides, they're still in line with other companies at that price point, and IIRC Schecter has moved some production to that area as well.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jackson has been making guitars in India for years now. This isn't anything new.

Nothing is stopping anyone from buying similar guitars via the USA CS, you're just going to have to support buying first world. ;)

a curry

Reaction score
yeah that is a good point. but like i said ive never played i "shitty" jackson. they have always played pretty sweet, i believe i have owned 5 over the years

a curry

Reaction score
Jackson has been making guitars in India for years now. This isn't anything new.

Nothing is stopping anyone from buying similar guitars via the USA CS, you're just going to have to support buying first world. ;)

i guess i just never realized it. so my question would be was the slsmg3 made in india? the white one.

a curry

Reaction score
ah i wanted one of those for ages but then i started playing 7's i would love it if they brought that back in a 7 and a 27" scale

Dooky

Reaction score
Also:
2916270593_frt_wmd_001.jpg
Wow, you dont see too many guitars with a humbucker in the neck & middle position; but no bridge pickup... interesting...

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I just got word that these will definitely be made in China and should be available in the fall, with the 8s following shortly thereafter

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I just got word that these will definitely be made in China and should be available in the fall, with the 8s following shortly thereafter

That's slightly upsetting. However, I guess if the quality is ok and they aren't treating their workers like shit then I'm ok with it. I'm just skeptical when it comes to anything made in China due to the bad rep that many factories there have in terms of workers' rights.

Foxconn/Apple products, anyone?

That being said, if the reviews are good I may spring for one. I don't know why they couldn't have done white binding though. Black binding on rosewood is sort of lame.

Reaction score
Wow, you dont see too many guitars with a humbucker in the neck & middle position; but no bridge pickup... interesting...

It's weird, isn't it? I noticed that when I first saw one of those a few weeks ago. That is actually a bridge pickup, but I don't know why they spaced it so far from the bridge saddles. I'm betting maybe to give it a bit more bottom end? I'm curious to see what it sounds like but that pickup position may make it too muddy.

')