New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I would be quite surprised if they made these in China and all of the other imports in India.

The Indian made Jacksons started out bad years ago but seem to have improved considerably since then. The 2 I have played from the current X-series were both very good.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
2916270593_frt_wmd_001.jpg

My wallet.... is growling at me..?

What does this mean?! :ugh:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
awwww. I was hoping and expecting they are Indian made. They did great with the current X Series, so why suddenly China?

That contradicts what I've been told, in fact, that they're Indian. That said, the Charvels are made in China, so...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would be quite surprised if they made these in China and all of the other imports in India.

The Indian made Jacksons started out bad years ago but seem to have improved considerably since then. The 2 I have played from the current X-series were both very good.

:agreed: I played an ATL Soloist last week that was quite nice. They're not up to as good as the Japanese guitars were, obviously, but they also cost half as much.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I definitely want one of these :agreed:

Basswood? Sure! I'm an Ibanez player!
7 string? Hell yeah!
Jackson? Alwats a plus.
26.5" scale? Hell yeah again!
Indian or chinese? I'll live.
Tremolo options? Yes indeed.
EMG's? Well, they can always be replaced by Blackouts!
Lots of color options? Check!

I see nothing bad about this guitar.

arcadia fades

Reaction score
wait... India? don't people mean Indonesia? never heard of guitars being made in India.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just got word that these will definitely be made in China and should be available in the fall, with the 8s following shortly thereafter

That contradicts what I've been told, in fact, that they're Indian. That said, the Charvels are made in China, so...

wait... India? don't people mean Indonesia? never heard of guitars being made in India.

They are being made somewhere in Asia, in an awesome facility where some other brands do their guitars, and they have come out with awesome fit and finish.

Oh and they noticed the extra distance between the bridge and pickup and fixed it in production.

Also, if you guys want to compile a list of questions for the Jackson production managers I'll pass it on and get some answers for you guys.

Last edited:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
OK so the whole China thing came from a guy who is a Jackson dealer, and who was at their little convention in Corona recently. By the way, Fender/Jackson was not at Summer NAMM this year. His word is definitely that these will be China made.

So I just called Fender/Jackson and got some idiot on the phone who didnt seem to know shit about anything. What he did tell me though and I had to ask him twice to make sure he knows what hes talking about, is that according to the spec sheet that he was pulling up, that these will be made in Japan and are hitting the streets next month. I dont know if I should believe him or believe that hes an asshole who was just fucking with me. :scratch:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
^ That guy was PROBABLY stupid. I called BC Rich once about my friends Warlock and his response to my question was "Sorry, I don't actually play guitar or know much about it. I just work here. . . . . ."

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
OK so the whole China thing came from a guy who is a Jackson dealer, and who was at their little convention in Corona recently. By the way, Fender/Jackson was not at Summer NAMM this year. His word is definitely that these will be China made.

So I just called Fender/Jackson and got some idiot on the phone who didnt seem to know shit about anything. What he did tell me though and I had to ask him twice to make sure he knows what hes talking about, is that according to the spec sheet that he was pulling up, that these will be made in Japan and are hitting the streets next month. I dont know if I should believe him or believe that hes an asshole who was just fucking with me. :scratch:

I can tell you because I work at Fender/Jackson they are not made in Japan but somewhere else in Asia. We cannot disclose the actual country of origin but I know for fact that it is not Japan.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I can tell you because I work at Fender/Jackson they are not made in Japan but somewhere else in Asia. We cannot disclose the actual country of origin but I know for fact that it is not Japan.

The idiot told me 3 times that his spec sheet says Japan. What an idiot, simply because he believed that and has no clue whats going on even when he works for the company. My money is on China

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
The idiot told me 3 times that his spec sheet says Japan. What an idiot, simply because he believed that and has no clue whats going on even when he works for the company. My money is on China

Then there is obviously a misprint in the spec sheet. I will make sure that is corrected.

btw PM'd

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Then there is obviously a misprint in the spec sheet. I will make sure that is corrected.

btw PM'd

Cool! Let me know if there in fact is an error. If thats the case then I guess I shouldnt call him an idiot. But I told him Jackson is no longer making guitars in Japan and his answer led me to believe that he didnt know that and all he knows is that the spec sheet says Japan.

Anyways, Id like to know if you in fact did find that error in the spec sheet.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool! Let me know if there in fact is an error. If thats the case then I guess I shouldnt call him an idiot. But I told him Jackson is no longer making guitars in Japan and his answer led me to believe that he didnt know that and all he knows is that the spec sheet says Japan.

Anyways, Id like to know if you in fact did find that error in the spec sheet.

The country of origin was not right on that spec sheet. I can confirm that they are not being made in Japan.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
They are being made somewhere in Asia, in an awesome facility where some other brands do their guitars, and they have come out with awesome fit and finish.

Oh and they noticed the extra distance between the bridge and pickup and fixed it in production.

Also, if you guys want to compile a list of questions for the Jackson production managers I'll pass it on and get some answers for you guys.

You are awesome. Thanks for clearing up the bridge pickup thing. People here were obviously freaking out over this. Depending on what the reviews look like I wll have to be financially irresponsible and order the red quilt top one.

My money is still on China. That limited edition Scott Ian soloist is made there (sticker on the back of the headstock seen at a GC in Rochester NY). I would happier if it was made in India, but I will let the quality speak for itself once they're released.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Im buying one of these as a test bed for the new pickups that EMG is releasing in the fall/winter

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I really hope these come out in September. And my local Long and McQuade goddamn better stock these :squint:. The news of possible 8 string versions made my wallet whimper too.

')