New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
So torn between the Quicksilver with the Floyd or a used SLAT3-7.

The 3-7 will be higher quality but these look way nicer. And have a few better features.

Ah fuck it, I'll just get one of these :lol:. I'm sick of used gear.

True story, I've never had a piece of new gear before. Even my first guitar and amp were used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a curry

Reaction score
Sweetwater is now listing all of them. The quicksilver has the funky bridge pup placement but the black and trans-red ones are normal. Strange, but I'm guessing it was definitely fixed sometime during production so it'll be kind of a crapshoot as far as which pickup placement you'll be getting. It's so hard to keep myself from buying one right now!

Jackson Soloist SLATXMG3-7 (Quicksilver) | Sweetwater.com

SLATXMG37-xlarge.jpg
SLATXMG37MtBk-xlarge.jpg

SLATMGXQ37R-xlarge.jpg

the red one here looks like the bridge pickup placement was fixed. but is it just me or does the neck pickup look crooked on the red one?

Reaction score
The bridge pickup location on the tune-o-matic version has turned me off.

I hope they fix it, these could be nice.

When you can pay $1000 and get a carvin DC700 w/SS frets, the price of these seems a little high too.

otisct20

Reaction score
Jackson fixed the pickup psotion in production so some of them still have the old placement. The prices are spot on to the market they are aiming for, right with esp/ltd, schecter, and to some extent, ibanez. These cost the same as my mh 417 from ltd.

Reaction score
Silverburst and solid silver seems to be doing it for me. :yum:

I'm kinda scared to make the transition from 6 to 7, and maybe Ibanez to Jackson all at once. May have to gamble for that silverburst.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
$800? Fuck. Not going to be able to afford it for a while :(

$600 on MF right now :)
Jackson SLATXMG3-7 String Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend

I've gotta say, I can see why everyone is GASing for the silver one.. but that flat black one for some reason is seriously giving me wood. :bowdown:
I just hope that picture is a bad cut or seriously dry of rosewood though (It definitely looks dry, good job musiciansfriend :lol:).. not saying it can't just be dyed or anything but I'm not liking how light it is there :nono:

Oh, and it appears the fretboards are bound on the silver ones.. This kind of adds to it for me that's for sure. Can't tell from the pics there though, are they bound on the flat black ones too? They are. GAS initiated :rofl:

dgs

Reaction score
Before I settled on my Ibanez S7420 (which will be delivered on Monday!) I though about this guitar, briefly. What kept me from buying it are the following:

1. Headstock looks goofy.
2. Pickup switch is poorly positioned.
3. The pickup switch is a toggle type, rather than a lever switch, which I much prefer.
4. Both the volume and tone selector knobs are also poorly positioned.
5. I don't like the inlays on the neck, also looks goofy to me. I prefer standard dot inlays, nothing fancy, simple and easy.
6. It has a 26.5" inch scale, I prefer a 25.5" scale. I tune to A440, so the extra inch for drop tunings is a non-issue for me. The smaller scale is better for my small hands.
7. It uses the cheap Floyd Rose knockoff FRT-2000 special.

For anyone who owns this guitar, I mean no offense by my post. I'm sure for many people, my issues with it will be non-issues for them.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Headstock looks goofy.
2. Pickup switch is poorly positioned.
3. The pickup switch is a toggle type, rather than a lever switch, which I much prefer.
4. Both the volume and tone selector knobs are also poorly positioned.
5. I don't like the inlays on the neck, also looks goofy to me. I prefer standard dot inlays, nothing fancy, simple and easy.
6. It has a 26.5" inch scale, I prefer a 25.5" scale. I tune to A440, so the extra inch for drop tunings is a non-issue for me. The smaller scale is better for my small hands.
7. It uses the cheap Floyd Rose knockoff FRT-2000 special.

I disagree with everything in this post :) Except the part about the Floyd, that I agree with, but I would buy the hardtail anyway.

The 26.5" scale is also cool, it means I can use a 56 like I do on my C tuned guitars and *might* finally get it to sound less "bbbwwwwoooaaaa" when I hit it in B tuning.

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering picking up a matte black 7 from music farm, they're only $599.. it would be my first 7 so I'm a bit nervous.. they look amazing for the price though..

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
On a whim I asked my wife if I could get one of these last night. I didn't expect her to say yes. I quickly ordered the slime green one before she changed her mind. That's five 7's in about eight months of playing. I gotta stop, at least until the Sterling JP7's come out.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I played both the hardtail and trem versions on Saturday. Really liked both, great neck, nice action. Big fan. First time I've played a Jackson in probably 10 years and I was really impressed. Didn't plug in and test the pickups, but still, impressed enough to probably snag one.

')