New Jackson X Series 7 string

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurgar

Reaction score
I was strongly looking at the new Schecter SLS 7s, but that goofy skull inlay was turning me off. The green Jackson here looks really cool (also has the wife seal of approval) and costs a bit less. Looks like a win to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aawshred

Reaction score
Regarding the bridge pickup position. New pics are up on the Jackson website. Definitely has been corrected.

2916271521_frt_wlg_001.jpg

2916271585_frt_wlg_001.jpg

Matching headstocks an added bonus for those that freak out about such things.

Anybody know why the fretboards on these look so different? I've always disliked the look of dry looking rosewood.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
low grade rosewood, not much quality control. lots of different shades and grains. too much of a gamble to order one online and hope for a decent board on it. IMO I would only buy one of these if I could play it first

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Anybody know why the fretboards on these look so different? I've always disliked the look of dry looking rosewood.

I haven't seen any in person, but I don't think they'll be that bad. I have an X series 6 string and it was kind of dry at first but after some lemon oil it looks pretty dark.

Always condition your rosewood :yesway:

otisct20

Reaction score
Apparently Sweetwater has sold at least two in one day :lol: I did play the six string version, but absolutely hated it. I still want to try these though.

Reaction score
I just bought one a few days ago, the SLATXMG3-7 silver burst model, and I love it, guess it depends on what type of guitar you like and your preferences, I've tried the 6 string soloist a few years ago and hated it as well, but the new 26.5" scale and the neck through help it stay in tune really well, the 707's IMO suck, too muddy, so I ordered a 81-7/60-7 for it, that should brighten it up ....and the new headstock with the 4-3 string setup is nice, instead of having all 7 in a row on the older headstocks

otisct20

Reaction score
Played the sunburst (or whatever you call it) version today, much much better than the 6 string version. I really enjoyed it but I doubt I would buy one at least not right now.

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about buying one of these because of all of the mixed reviews flying around. Wish i could find one at a local shop and play one but no one by me has one. I have an sls3 6er and absolutely love it. I hope these are somewhat comparable

Detested

Reaction score
I would also like to try one,but none here locally,GC says they might get one in.I started on a Jackson and am really wanting to feel these new necks,love the tabacco burst color.Right now trying to negotiate and buy an old 90s Jackson 7!

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Really thinking of getting one of these as my first 7...This or a Schecter sls c-7, which is probably about $300 more, but gets you a much better guitar (IMO, minus the ugly inlay). The only problem is that in Edmonton, Axe Music is the only Schecter dealer (that I know of) and I hate dealing with them. But at the point of paying $1000 for a decent Schecter, why dont I just order a Carvin? Decisions, decisions...

Heroin

I am wombat
Reaction score
Really thinking of getting one of these as my first 7...This or a Schecter sls c-7, which is probably about $300 more, but gets you a much better guitar (IMO, minus the ugly inlay). The only problem is that in Edmonton, Axe Music is the only Schecter dealer (that I know of) and I hate dealing with them. But at the point of paying $1000 for a decent Schecter, why dont I just order a Carvin? Decisions, decisions...

Carvin :agreed:

otisct20

Reaction score
And what exactly is that opinion based on?

OMGNOTMADEINUSAORJAPANMUSTBECRAP!?

Having played both side by side. The MIJ SLSMG has a much different and much more comfortable (imo) neck profile and doesnt feel like a cheap toy like the new one did to me.

')