New Jeff Loomis "Noumenon" Signature SD pickups (passive!)

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
Maybe they actually just went with the voicing he actually liked for each pickup? I mean, 6 and 7 string versions of the "same" pickup always end up sounding worse in one version or another. Seems to me this makes more sense.
Yeah, could be.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The pickup market is over saturated just generally. I'm amazed at how picky people seem to be over these things. I just need something in the general ballpark (and that play nicely with each other if in the same guitar together), and I'm good to go.

But as long as people will complain and dissect a pickup's every minute detail, they will keep making more to sell to those people.
Because people are fucking stupid and they believe that the reason they aren't outplaying Satriani is because they don't have the right pickups.

Zado

Reaction score
Sounds like my next gear purchase in my book.

My book
000501127-a5865e64-95a7-4443-a5d8-d3ee46a881cc.jpg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jeff is always so late to the signature game with his smaller products lol he nailed it with Schecter way back when his was one of the better 7-strings in the market, but ever since stonetone... :ugh:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Jeff is always so late to the signature game with his smaller products lol he nailed it with Schecter way back when his was one of the better 7-strings in the market, but ever since stonetone... :ugh:
In retrospect it's kinda funny. During his time in Nevermore, he wasn't using much signature gear or seemed to be taking many endorsements. After Nevermore broke up and he joined AE the amount of sig gear and endorsements skyrocketed even though he was in a way more popular band

Hey gotta make bank somehow I guess lol

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
81-7/707 set then? :D

...What DID Loomis use back in the day anyway? Between 1996 - 2000 it seems like he just used anything lmao.
Well, for Politics and Dreaming it's 81s for both guys according to Kernon. Dead Heart is actually mostly the 707, with some JB, according to Sneap. He also had that weird-ass proto 7 from the small company I can't remember the name of, that had such early Duncans in it that they actually sawed four bobbins up per pickup and glued the together, then soldered two cut-up baseplates together. I wish I could find pics of it...

jco5055

Reaction score
Well, for Politics and Dreaming it's 81s for both guys according to Kernon. Dead Heart is actually mostly the 707, with some JB, according to Sneap. He also had that weird-ass proto 7 from the small company I can't remember the name of, that had such early Duncans in it that they actually sawed four bobbins up per pickup and glued the together, then soldered two cut-up baseplates together. I wish I could find pics of it...
is that the warmoth he had built? Or something else?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Lol so I was close. I was referencing Enemies and Godless which is when he first started using the 81-7 iirc?

Also I went back to some old convos and I think it was Axtra that was thrown around?

Necky379

Reaction score

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol so I was close. I was referencing Enemies and Godless which is when he first started using the 81-7 iirc?

Also I went back to some old convos and I think it was Axtra that was thrown around?
Axtra! That was it. :yesway:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course, I could have just found my own post:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
if my guitars have two volume knobs, does that make them twice as dynamic as Jeff’s? I’m still 1/100th the player, but we’re talking gear here :lol:

Dang, now that you mention it, mine too....

My right hand also offers dynamic control. It also controls my volume knob... Fuckin hell, I should be a signature product!
How much for you to give my guitar a signature handjob?