New Jeff Loomis Solo Album?

• Thread starter Van
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Van

Banned
Reaction score
from metalstorm.net:

'When asked if Loomis is planning to release a follow-up to his solo album, he answered:

"Yes I do. I actually signed on for 2 more records and I'm working on the new one right now. There's still no title yet but I'm working on the music and hoping for a mid-winter release next year." '
:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Has anyone heard any news or updates on this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Interesting. I've heard that rumor flying around but said to myself "Isn't he touring with Nevermore right now?" So I can't tell you either.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Keith Merrow Guest Spot on New Loomis album FTW !! This should be done I proclaim it so :metal:

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Dont tell him I told you this, but Dirk Verbeuren told me he was playing on a Jeff Loomis album soon, and he told me that on Friday afternoon.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
There's going to be another Sanctuary album too, which could be good because I think Loomis got really lazy with the riffs ever since he switched to a 7 string.

The riffs on early Nevermore albums are some of the sickest of all time, would love to hear something like that from him again instead of the recent chugga chugga

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
There's going to be another Sanctuary album too, which could be good because I think Loomis got really lazy with the riffs ever since he switched to a 7 string.

The riffs on early Nevermore albums are some of the sickest of all time, would love to hear something like that from him again instead of the recent chugga chugga

Yeah that song that people had to play for that competition was pretty boring.

metalheadblues

Reaction score
Just copied and paste this interview from ultimate guitar

Can we expect a follow-up to 'Zero Order Phase'?
Oh yes, for sure. I'm actually working on another one right now, and it's gonna be much more orchestrated and much more worked out. That should be out sometime early in the fall, I would imagine.
Through Century Media Records?
Through Century Media, correct, yeah.
Can you provide a status update regarding your forthcoming second solo album? Do you have songs already written and record, or... ?
I have songs that are already written, but none of it is recorded yet. I'm still trying to figure out who I'm going to have the record produced by, and who I want the drummer to be. I'm just writing it at the moment.

Edit:link http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inte...he_40_all-time_greatest_metal_guitarists.html he also talks about periphery in the interview

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Before he left for Europe a couple weeks ago, he told me he's still working on writing tracks. There's gonna be some awesome guests on his album though, for sure. Really looking forward to hearing it!

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting this. Zero Order Phase kicked, and still does kick, my buttocks.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Austrian Death Machine? Or All Shall Perish. Both of those solos (3 in the ADM song) were badass.

Haven't heard the first band.
Yeah, the ASP solo, I actually feel that solo sounds better in that musical context than any of the solos on his solo stuff or on the Outworld album:lol:

Reaction score
Cooley and Loomis always hang out alot, I really wouldnt be suprised. But I would be very thrilled and excited, maybe pan to each side and have like a duel thing going on and have them do clean and distorted dueling areas.... Yeahhh... I want this

')