New Jeff Loomis Solo Album?

• Thread starter Van
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't heard the first band.
Yeah, the ASP solo, I actually feel that solo sounds better in that musical context than any of the solos on his solo stuff or on the Outworld album:lol:

The only solo of Rusty's that I can honestly say is one of my favorite solos ever written, is the one for The Grey Tide.

Also here is his him recording the solos for the Austrian Death Machine song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
The advent of the home studio my friend.

Both a power for good and a power for bad.

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
Can you provide a status update regarding your forthcoming second solo album? Do you have songs already written and record, or... ?
I have songs that are already written, but none of it is recorded yet. I'm still trying to figure out who I'm going to have the record produced by, and who I want the drummer to be. I'm just writing it at the moment

I was secretly hoping he would enlist a new drummer for this. ZOP was incredible from a guitar oriented perspective, but the drumming left me a little (re: ALOT!) underwhelmed. Sure, it let Jeff's playing take center stage, but there was something about the drum tracks that didn't quite mesh. Maybe too simple? I dunno. My two cents!

nojyeloot

Reaction score
I'm blown away to see these two in the same frame. So cool.

BTW check out 4:26 (what a compliment)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The most recent guest appearances I've heard from Cooley have been lackluster at best. His guest solo on ATB's new album is terribly boring. I will await the product before I criticize, though.

In reference to the album: :metal:

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
I was secretly hoping he would enlist a new drummer for this. ZOP was incredible from a guitar oriented perspective, but the drumming left me a little (re: ALOT!) underwhelmed. Sure, it let Jeff's playing take center stage, but there was something about the drum tracks that didn't quite mesh. Maybe too simple? I dunno. My two cents!

I agree dude...I think more complex/involved drumming would make his tracks stand out even more. The drumming on ZOP was rather predictable and was obviously more background oriented...get a badass, eclectic drummer for this next one....like Blake Richardson (holy fuck would that be AWESOME) :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
Mike Portnoy for drummer?

Also, the funny thing about Jeff Loomis for me (as much as I praise and worship him) is that my favourite solo of his is the guest solo he did for Periphery (Racecar).

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score

Also, the funny thing about Jeff Loomis for me (as much as I praise and worship him) is that my favourite solo of his is the guest solo he did for Periphery (Racecar).

I agree with both parts of this post haha. Portnoy would be another good choice.

The Racecar solo is so great...it's very emotional and it fits perfectly. Anyone hear his guitar contest entry when he was like 16 or whatever? Absolutely mindboggling.

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
I dunno.... Having Blake Richardson on an entire Jeff Loomis album would make me giddy beyond belief! Taaaaaasty....

Cmv120

Reaction score
Im craving an update on this shit! No one does it like Loomis.... I just hope he can make the new album fresh. Anyone hear anything new regarding its release...?

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
people listen to Rusty Cooley outside of youtube vids?

Rusty Cooley is to guitar what Affliction shirts are to current culture.
Way too showy and so over the top it's hilarious :lol:

Sure he can shred circles around me , but I'm an internet tough guy and can say what I want! haha

nik35

Reaction score

Me too! Though a close second would be the solo he did in Keith Merrow's Heart of The Sea Nymph.

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
I actually though Loomis' solo on 'Reflective Curse' by Switchblade was pretty good. It was simple and no so long but blistering and original none the less. It had this sort of arpeggio sounding lick that gave me images of a swooping hawk or something.

Latest posts

')