New Jeff Loomis Video from his Album!

• Thread starter great_kthulu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score
YESS!!! Finally! A full track released! That was awesome! Looks like this album is really gonna live up to the expectations set by Zero Order Phase! And Tony MacAlpine and Jeff Loomis together on one track?! :wub:

There was a bit of a Marty Friedman-ish sound at times there, which is awesome. I heard he's going to be on this album as well, so this is pretty much going to be a super orgy of guitar virtuosity! Well ok, maybe not a SUPER orgy, because there's no goat and not enough Japanese girls, but it's still going to be awesome!

Wait, is that an 8 string Schecter on the wall behind him?!?! Oh my god...Jeff Loomis....8 string........I need a towel now... :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Holy fuck! Just when you think the guy couldn't get any better. He's plays cleaner, more technical, and more melodically than he has ever before. This album is going to be amazing. Tony MacAlpline's solo.... goddamn.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Jeff Loomis just gave us an eyebrow raise and said "Want more solo son?".

MiseryFields

Blistered Hands
Reaction score
I think, if I were him, I'd be afraid to pick things up because his hands are so huge that they might eat whatever he picks up. ;P

Enselmis

Reaction score
The T-Mac solo is probably the filthiest thing I have EVER heard. Speechless.

MrRCJ

Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to hear the whole album.

“Plains Of Oblivion” track listing:
01. Mercurial (feat. Marty Friedman)
02. The Ultimatum (feat. Tony MacAlpine)
03. Escape Velocity
04. Tragedy And Harmony (feat. Christine Rhoades)
05. Requiem For The Living (feat. Attila Voros)
06. Continuum Drift (feat. Chris Poland)
07. Surrender (feat. Ihsahn)
08. Chosen Time (feat. Christine Rhoades)
09. Rapture
10. Sibylline Origin

troyguitar

Reaction score
were-not-worthy.jpg

Mayhew

Reaction score
It is not humanly possible to be this good. Jeff Loomis is not human.

Mazzy

Banned
Reaction score
Well, after clicking that video, I got exactly what I expected going in... that's probably a good thing for long-time fans and most other listeners, but if I'm listening to a solo guitar piece, I shouldn't be able to predict everything the musician is going to do beforehand. Of course, he's an incredible player and it's entertaining to watch... but for me, his last solo album maybe got 2-3 full playthroughs before it was stashed away, never to be opened again. There's golden riffs here and there, slick shredding and harmonies, but nothing stands out and gives me that "oh crap what is he doing" feeling that I want from a solo guitarist. I'll buy the album for sure, but hopefully there's some surprises on there that weren't found in this track. The guest appearances should definitely be interesting though. Ihsahn is a particularly odd matchup that I'd like to hear...

I'm probably going to get "neg" rep, but hey, I'm picky... deal widdit.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
That fast motherfucker. I'm learning the final part of the song and, while the fingering is completely doable, bringing it to 170bpm is just crazy...but I'm not that far :)

Betterlaidplans

Lurker Extraordinair
Reaction score
Good lord that looks like it sounds awesome(I'm at work with no audio). It looks so awesome I went ahead and got my pre-order on. Comes with loomis picks and a shirt...not too shabby for a solo artist release.

Opeth666

Reaction score
Best song he has put out in years and hopefully the album slays.

honestly I hardly ever listened to Zero Order Phase because too me it needed alot of work but this sounds ( atleast from this single) like its very close to perfection

Animus

Reaction score
He is is definitely good/talented but honestly songs with wall to wall noodling kind of bore me imo. Too many notes, no space between the notes.

')