New Jeff Loomis Video from his Album!

• Thread starter great_kthulu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the limited edition album yesterday, and apparently it was sent today, so hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow! ^_^
Didn't really plan on purchasing it now, but I accidentally stumbled upon a dirt cheap bluray box with all the Alien movies, so I figured I might as well add the cd to that order! xD

Damn I'm good at spending money! Saving them... not so much! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I have to admit, this album wasn't really a priority what so ever, but I am really enjoying this. I find that shred albums tend to have really boring drumming, but Dirk makes things much more enjoyable with his playing.

A bit repetitive with the chug, sweep & chug pattern but the songs with Christina help breaks things up thankfully.

IMG_3814.jpg
IMG_3813.jpg

Album art is gorgeous.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I didn't pre order (I don't even know the release date), I checked Amazon and ordered it on Wednesday evening, got shipped on Thursday and arrived Friday.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I got the CD yesterday and listened to it a few times today.

While I like the album a lot, I'm a bit disappointed in the vocal tunes. I personally would have preferred the album to be an all-instrumental album.
Anyway, I just removed the vocal tunes off my iPod, and then I like the album much better :)

That said, I just realized that in the limited edition CD I got there are two bonus tracks, both of which are vocal tunes, so on the 'actual' album there are only 3 vocal tunes....

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Damn, my email says shipping might take up to two weeks :(. Gonna watch the videos some more!

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
That was immense, I'm not really a fan of music like this and wouldn't listen to it, but it's still awesome to see/hear every now and then :yesway:

Betterlaidplans

Lurker Extraordinair
Reaction score
I finally got my copy monday. What is the point in pre-ordering when it doesn't come on the release date? I ordered the t-shirt+pick+cd special. No pick to be found in the package but that's just a pick. I guess I won't be buying from Century Media again though...

Anyway onto the album. I didn't really like it after the first couple listens in the car. After listening to it a couple times through headphones its really grown on me. Oddly the vocal tracks were the ones I liked the most the first time around. Now it's exactly the opposite. You can hear that more thought went into this album than Zero Order Phase. I think Jeff said he kind of just threw ZOP together in the studio. I notice more layering in many of the tracks but that could be attributed to the mixing as well. Personally, my favorite thing about albums are the layers. Live, I'll go ape for the chug and the :shred:, on an album slip some layers in there for me to find after a couple listens along with the chug and shred and there's a album I'll want to listen to more than once. Any hoot, just my up-way-too-early today :2c:

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I can't stop listening to this album, loving it! There definitely is more thought and structure behind these songs and at first I sort of disliked the vocal songs but am digging them more and more.

Anyone know if you can purchase digital copies of the bonus tracks anywhere? Are the tracks any good?

And also, in some awesome news, Loomis states at the end of this interview that he's tabbing the whole album...:hbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7pPh06ZvJzM

Eric

gdbjr21

Reaction score
Got my copy the other day, its awesome. I ordered the T-shirt, CD, pick combo. The album itself is amazing from start to finish.

')