New Jeff Loomis Video from his Album!

• Thread starter great_kthulu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RearyGay

Reaction score
jeff has been playing like this for over a decade though. it kinda sucks that the better he gets with his technique the less creative he gets. This pretty much sounds like a tribute to becker/friedman with 7 string chugging.

listen to how this solo develops from 2:55.

His solos used to have the most sinister atmosphere. It was vibe/song first, solo second. Hasn't been like that since Dead Heart.

Exactly.

Tiananmen Man is a masterpiece. Nevermore's albums up to Dreaming Neon Black were sheer works of art, after that everything was just cool, but it lost that atmosphere and appeal.

Early Nevermore is by far, for me, the greatest band.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
Seeing Loomis with The safety fire, Periphery and Protest the hero.

So many buckets. so many.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Requiem for the living is nasty. His technique just keeps getting better somehow.

TGN

Reaction score
Really liked Requiem for the Living. Looking forward to the album.

Static

Reaction score
Requiem for the Living seems like the "Miles of Machines" of this album.

well judging from from the songs that have been out so far, its obvious his playing has gotten much better...its much more cleaner and clear sounding and i love his vibratos as usual..very tastefully done.

That being said, I'm not that amazed by what I've heard so far.The 4 songs that I've heard till now are great but just didn't have the wow factor (this coming from a mighty loomis/nevermore fan).

The ultimatum was my favorite and the arpeggios in RFTL is was really fun to listen to.Hopefully the rest of the album will have something even better than what I've heard till now (really hoping the tracks with christine rhodes kicks ass).

murakami

Banned
Reaction score
holy... fuck... :yesway:

i thought of jeff loomis as a guitar god when i heard his first
solo album, but this... amazing that he can improve on top
of what he already accomplished.:hbang:

')