New Jem Type Thing

• Thread starter orb451
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
That is one of the nicest swirls I've ever seen.

I vote ebony, maple would look good but I think it would be a bit too pale on the eyes.

avenger

Reaction score
Maple for sure, not sure about the inlay colour i would jsut go with white but its your guitar.

Loving that swirl.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I usually don't care for swirls, but I find that rather nice looking. :yesway:

I do agree that for those colors, the maple is the better option.

If you had gone ebony, I would have suggested non-blue inlays. Pearl or some other version of white-ish would have been much better. Not that it matters since you went maple anyway. :agreed:

What color hardware?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
ebony would be nice, but maple would be nicer! it would continue the whole "bright" idea. blue vines could work out on the maple board too, as long as it´s somewhat similar in shade to the finish on the body. maybe blue pearl, so it has a similar look.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Syn, I'm going with either chrome or cosmo (chrome/blackish) hardware. Pickups will be blue/white or blue/grey. At the moment I believe the headstock is going to be swirled too. I'm definitely going maple/maple with the neck and hoping that its finished in a nice tint that darkens it a bit but doesn't turn it too orangey or amber... but then not too pale either ala hard rock maple because I don't want the neck too *white*.

I'm going with blue vine inlays instead of the pyramids. Though that might work on a 7-String Universe type thing.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
For my personal taste in aesthetics, I would lean more heavily towards the chrome than the black hardware, but that's just a humble suggestion. :yesway:

Dickicker

Reaction score
Hey man, I think you should do a maple board! THis is an OPINION! I think when bright colored guitars, like this one, have dark boards, it makes it look cheap to me. But when they have maple boards!!!! That is the shit! Plus maple board + colored inlays = BADASS! :)

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks again guys! All the credit goes to Ernie @ ET:

Home Page

Yeah there's no way in hell I'm putting straight up black hardware on this thing. It'll be chrome, or cosmo which is kinda like a dark pewter color. Probably chrome though. Anyone have a good line on pickup tops/bobbins? Should I just yank off the tops of whatever I've got lying around paint them myself?

Dickicker

Reaction score
TO be honest man, I would Put cosmo hardware, its not as cheap as chrome. and I would put a clear pickgaurd on it too, just like a special JEM or 770.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Still in progress man, Ernie emailed me about a month ago and finalized the neck stuff and to my knowledge it's still moving forward.

Trust me, when I get pics, I'll do a proper "NGD" thread! :metal:

Chelseadevil21

Reaction score
Can't wait man..That is the best color swirl i have ever seen..I wouldn't want to copy you but I might have to someday..jk..but no seriously

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait man..That is the best color swirl i have ever seen..I wouldn't want to copy you but I might have to someday..jk..but no seriously

Do it man! :lol::lol::lol: Seriously, a straight copy wouldn't bother me in the least. I think Ernie did a fantastic job with the colors, hope it comes out in the end as good as it's looking in the pics!

')