New Jem Type Thing

• Thread starter orb451
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm having Ernie (ET Guitars) build me a Jem type thingamajig and I just got pics. Ernie, you're the best! Though it's probably too early for an *official* NGD thread but I can't wait. These are the first pics I'm seeing and I'm stoked.

I need some help though. Originally I'd planned to do Ebony w/ Blue vine inlay... but Ernie and others on Jemsite are suggesting maybe Maple w/ Blue vine... whatcha think????

I'm thinking now that in the pics the body looks really light, which is fine, I love it, just wondering if Maple will be *too* light... or maybe it's just the pics and it's not quite that bright and Maple will work. Hardware will be chrome, still unsure of pickup bobbins or whatever the hell they're called, probably blue/white or maybe blue/grey depending...

Anywayz, here's the pics:

picture006xq.jpg

picture004fw.jpg

picture003kj.jpg

picture002cw.jpg

picture001hg.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Duraesu

Reaction score
dude, i swear i have one of those in my bathroom!

ng1190235.jpg

hehe, just kidding! but you could call it "Portuguese Soap Bar Finish" =D or maybe not...

edit: sorry, forgot to vote... Maple board!!

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
I vote the maple option. I think the black Fboard would be to much of a contrast with the body and take away the eyes from the beautiful paint job.

Arminius

Reaction score
Best swirl EVER. :yesway: I know exactly what kind of paintjob my dream guitar would have now :lol:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous swirl! Though about doing my Steinberger those colors.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm really impressed with it too! Ernie sent me a quick mockup of Maple vs. Ebony. It's going to be Maple all the way... and it'll be blue vine inlay, I thought about pyramids, maybe for a seven string version sans monkey grip and more straight up Universe-style...

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
That is the single most beautiful swirl I've ever seen. You'd better make the neck good. :lol:

I say maple and blue pyramids. I take it the headstock will match the body? Also, get mockups of black hardware as well.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
that's a nice clean swirl :yesway:

a maple neck with blue inlays/vine/pyramids would match it perfectly.

')