New Jem YT Vid

• Thread starter setsuna7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
Yeah, there was a whole shitstorm between the people who liked it and the people who thoutht it looked "gay" for the floral patterns. Me, I think it looks classy, I wouldn't say no to it.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I just really want the new Jem with the maple board.

JEM505WH.gif

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I remember the shitstorm :lol: I think it's hideous but I think most Jems are hideous haha. I'm likin' that maple one though :yesway:

jl-austin

Reaction score
It has slightly grown on me, I now think it is "tasteless". It looks like it came from an artist that is REALLY trying, but is out of idea's.

My opinions, not facts.

littlephil

Reaction score
A Jem with just dots ain't right. :noplease:

A few JEM's have had dots.
Thats the 505, its meant to be a stripped down version (but a lot better than the old 555) so its got dot inlays and Ibanez pickups, but its MIJ rather than Korean or Chinese like the 555s and 333s.

I think the new Floral looks great, but I prefer the old Blue Florals.

marky

Reaction score
Thats the 505, its meant to be a stripped down version (but a lot better than the old 555) so its got dot inlays and Ibanez pickups, but its MIJ rather than Korean or Chinese like the 555s and 333s.

They do. I remember so. In my opinion the Blue Florals are still the best! :)

ibanez254

Central Scrutinizer
Reaction score

haha, at least the ones with dots were kinda cool ie textured body and mirror finish. but white is just far too boring and un vai-ish for a jem imo.

littlephil

Reaction score
haha, at least the ones with dots were kinda cool ie textured body and mirror finish. but white is just far too boring and un vai-ish for a jem imo.

Seriously? What about the VWH? Thats the main JEM model Steve's been using for the last ~15 years!
New JEM is basswood instead of Alder
Most of them have been basswood. Only about 3 of the more recent models have been alder.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Jem's are fantastic guitars. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy. Unfortunately, they don't bring much to ERG'ers and other "special needs" guitarists such as myself. :lol: Even the UV seven string that Steve helped bring in to spark the revolution that this entire site and the heavy music community is platformed off of, has fallen out of fashion with the man himself.

')