New John Petrucci Signature, JPX!

• Thread starter Minoin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Wish they would've kept the push/pull on, but that's still an awesome looking guitar. Any word about a seven string version?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I only like the original JP model because it has the ergonomic arm cut out. So comfortable.

petruccirocks02

EBMM/MESA User
Reaction score
The more and more I see the JPX, the more I'm digging it. I still don't like the 5 way switch but thats about it. I love the ebony board, black hardware, the finish, the scooped upper horn, and the chambering seems like it'll be cool, especially if it makes this guitar sound anything like the 25th anniversary which is also chambered.

-Phil

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm sure you can route the electronics back to a 3-way.

@ Nickmilne; hahaha, that's about it yeah

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, looks pretty cool. I imagine it would be quite expensive down under though, as the original models were.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
I'm not for it as much as the older models. I think their upper horns are much more attractive. It will be very interesting, though, to see how he uses the different pickup combinations on future recordings. I wonder if he's using it on the God of War track.

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
Which is absolutely no different from standard EBMMs :rofl:

I personally find it hilarious that the JPMs are slowly turning back into RGs which Petrucci left Ibanez to get away from.

That was my thought exactly. at least we know that the build quality will be top notch though. how many RGs(beyond J-Craft stuff) can have the same be said about them.:agreed:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I love how it looks, but I don't like the color. Its like a Mystic Dream finish without the awesome green highlights. Very interested in seeing the price.. $2500 range I could get into it.

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
Bumpidity bumpdy.
No sevenstring lads. :(

Here's teh sparklez:
large.jpg

I love the finnish on this one. "20 bucks for purple sparkle."
Edit:
Even moar pics:
namm4.jpg

namm6.jpg

namm5.jpg

walleye

Reaction score
John should just come back to Ibanez now that they have the RGD series. I mean honestly that body is getting closer to RG. :lol:

you guys are way too invested in body shape. it sounds like its your number 1 priority

"Body Wood Chambered alder with maple top and mahogany Tone Block" - doesn't sound like an RG

and the chambering seems like it'll be cool, especially if it makes this guitar sound anything like the 25th anniversary which is also chambered.

petrucci liked the 25th so much that he wanted to incorporate it into his JP, which is what the jpx is

Nick1

Reaction score
you guys are way too invested in body shape. it sounds like its your number 1 priority

"Body Wood Chambered alder with maple top and mahogany Tone Block" - doesn't sound like an RG

petrucci liked the 25th so much that he wanted to incorporate it into his JP, which is what the jpx is

I think JP will be with EBMM for a long time. They make him whatever he wants. And all of his sig models keep getting better and better. Instead of them just giving it a new finish and calling it a new model like some guitar companies do. Such as Dean. I mean how many times have they refinished the Dime Sig and called it a new model!?!?! 50 times? 100 times?

Im guessing that EBMM must have some great contracts for their endorsed artists. I say that because they got EVH for a short period of time, till he slept with the bosses wife and they terminated his contract. And pretty much every sig guitar hes had made (except for the Frankenstein reissue) they have all been EBMM knockoffs. Plus they also Petrucci to leave Ibanez and abandon his Sig guitar and now they got Johnny Hiland to leave PRS and abandon his PRS Signature model for EBMM. thats great for EBMM as well as Johnny Hiland. :yesway: I hope he gets a EBMM Sig. Im betting that would be killer! Probably a mix between the Albert Lee model and the Axis or Silhouette model.

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
, till he slept with the bosses wife and they terminated his contract. .

I keep seeing this show up. What is up with that? The official word is they couldn't keep up with production, yet I keep seeing the sleeping with the wife thing. Could someone please explain. The first time I saw it I thought it was some sort of figure of speech that I wasn't acquainted with.

Was that said in an interview or is it some sort of rumor?

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
I used to own the first EBMM petrucci run , fully loaded Mystic Dream 6 stringer and it was a really nice guitar, I also own the Ibanez JPM100 P1. I would choose the Ibanez over those 2, but... HELL!!

The new JPX looks amazing, the only thing I don't dig is the 5 way blade switch, it looks kind of akward plus not my thing, I am 3 way toggle switch guy. Damn, FIX THAT!!

walleye

Reaction score
I keep seeing this show up. What is up with that? The official word is they couldn't keep up with production, yet I keep seeing the sleeping with the wife thing. Could someone please explain. The first time I saw it I thought it was some sort of figure of speech that I wasn't acquainted with.

Was that said in an interview or is it some sort of rumor?

im almost 100% sure its false

WillingWell

Reaction score
If you watch an interview with Sterling Ball and Steve Morse, Sterling says it himself in so many words.

bulb

Reaction score
tried it today! i wish i had a better "amp" to try it through than those little processors they had setup, because they were not flattering to the overall sound or feel which made it difficult to judge what i was hearing.
But it felt quite nice, and looked pretty awesome, if a bit understated. I would have to say i still prefer my original jp6 because of the gunstock oiled neck, and i feel like those custom unnamed jp pickups that they originally came with are more inline with what i want, but i feel like these guitars would make a lot of guitar players very happy. All in all, another very well built and great playing jp model!

')